" You're not mine , but he's not taking you away ."

CONSTANCE'S POV *

" I won't hesitate . Not after everything he's caused ." I whispered .

Cole nodded slowly .

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair , " What are we gonna do if he goes back to school ?" He asked .

" Once he steps foot inside , we're leaving . I dont care what we have to do , I'm not staying around him ." I said .

Cole nodded .

" I'm not leaving you there either ." I added , everyone's heads snapped up to look at me .

Cole was staring deep into my eyes .

" I'm not . Yes we've been through a lot of shit but I can't just leave you there . He could've gotten stronger ." I whispered .

Cole slowly walked towards me and stopped when he was in front of my desk .

" Where are you planning to go ?" He whispered .

" Somewhere out of town ." I replied .

I stood up and made my way around the desk to stand in front of him .

" We can leave some of our people here , but I'm taking them with me ." I said , nodding towards Edith , Caiden , and Clyde .

Cole nodded .

" I'll bring Isabella and Jay ."

Isabella was Cole's little sister . And Jay was his best friend .

I nodded and sat on top of my desk and ran my hand through my hair .

" Don't stress about it Constance . We've been through this before ." Cole whispered , placing his hand on my back .

I nodded again softly .

" What if he knows shit he's not supposed to ?" Clyde asked .

" He can't possibly know a lot . I know for a fact Cole and I are very careful when it comes to shit like that ." I said , slowly .

" We can read people like the back of our hand ." Cole said , sitting next to me .

I turned and gave him a small smile to which he returned .

" I never thought I'd see the day when I'd see you two planning shit like this ." Edith spoke .

" I mean , I have , but that was a long time ago ." She added .

Cole and I nodded .

The room was dying with a suffocating silence .

There was a knock down stairs and everyone's eyes turned to me .

I got up but there was a hand on my wrist .

I turned and it was Cole holding me back .

" Are you expecting company ?" He asked

I shook my head no .

" I'm going with you then ." He said , hesitating a bit , afraid I might tell him to stay .

I nodded and made my way downstairs with Cole close behind .

Once we made it to the door , there was a deadly silence .

I opened the door but no one was there .

I looked down and there sat Dahlias and a note .

Cole put his hands gently on my waist and moved me a bit to pick up the flowers and the note .

He read the note aloud .

It said : Constance , I know I fucked up but please , give me another chance . I miss spending time with you and Cole . I miss my best friends .