Mercilessly

Constance's POV *

3 years ago...

It's been about a week, and I still haven't seen Devor and Matthew. I'm currently at Alan's house. His parents are still out on that business trip. My birthday is exactly a month away. Since it's cold, we're all staying in. Cole and I don't want anything special, just a small party.

" CONSTANCE TRINITY EUPHRATES!" Alan yelled as he bursted through the front door.

And it's this annoying motherfucks birthday.

I rolled my eyes when he said trinity.

" ALAN EZEKIEL MARTINEZ!" I mocked back.

He stopped in his tracks and pouted, " You didn't have to say it back." He mumbled.

I flipped him off and kept my eyes on the book I was reading.

The next thing I know, he's jumping onto my extended legs, which were on the couch, his arms around my waist, his head laying on my chest.

I sighed, " What do you want Alan?"

" I wanna do something today." He mumbled, making himself comfortable on top of me.

" You said you wanted to stay in." I said, placing the book on his head so I could continue reading.

" This is the most boring birthday I've had so far." He mumbled.

" Not my fault or problem. You said you didn't want anything." I said.

He sighed and lifted his head to look at me,
" That's not the only reason why I came over here."

I looked at him from the bottom of the book,
" Is the other reason to annoy me for no apparent reason?"

" No, though that did cross my mind." He replied, causing me to roll my eyes.

" Then what's the other reason?" I asked, shifting my eyes back on the book. He moved his head back down.

" Is there something going on between you and Cole?" He asked.

My eyes snapped to his.

I placed the book on the floor and moved his head to look at me.

" Why the fuck would you ask me that?" I asked.

His eyes looked anywhere but mine,
" Well... you guys seem to be very comfortable with each other and... and last week at the mall. If I didn't interrupt, you guys would've kissed." He said, his voice small but his possessiveness and protectiveness loud and clear.

" Alan." I deadpanned.

" Hm?" He hummed, his eyes still not meeting mine.

" Look at me."

He hesitated before his eyes finally met mine.

" One, we're comfortable with each other because we're best friends. Two, he wouldn't have gotten far if he did want to kiss me. Three, there's nothing going on between us." I said, still holding his head in my hands.

He looked unsure.

" I promise." I added, holding up my pinky finger.

He sighed and wrapped his pinky around mine.

" Promise."