Interest

Constance's POV *

" Hey , why don't we go to a party tonight ?" Edith said , she's been trying to lighten my mood up for at least 20 minutes now .

" I thought the boys were going to a party tonight ." I said , stuffing popcorn into my mouth .

" Well , we don't have to go to the same one . I know that there's a college party happening tonight also ." She said , taking the bowl of popcorn away from me .

" Hey !" I yelled , taking the bowl away from her , " We can't go because Lilith wants a girls night and how do you know there's a college party tonight ?" I asked , shoving more popcorn into my mouth .

" She can survive one more party . And don't worry about how I know ." She muttered the last sentence .

I narrowed my eyes at her , " You're still messing with that frat boy ,aren't you ?"

" No ." She said , shifting her gaze away from me.

" Yes you are. I know when you're lying." I said , placing the bowl on the table in front of us.

" Okay , fine. I am but only because I need a distraction." She said.

" A distraction from what?" Caiden asked , walking into the living room.

" Nothing." Edith and I said in unison.

He gave us a weird look.

" I change my mind. We're going to that party." I whispered to Edith.

" What party?" Caiden asked.

" Don't worry about it." We said in unison.

He huffed , " I'm pretty sure y'all aren't going to Rebecca's , so what party are y'all going to?" He said , crossing his arms over his chest.

" We're going to a party?" Lilith asked , walking into the living room.

" Yes, we are but we can have a girls night tomorrow." Edith said .

I nodded , " Yeah ."

" Okay ." Lilith said , shrugging as she walked up to us and sat next to me , grabbing a handful of my popcorn.

" Hey !" I yelled , moving the bowl away from her reach.

" Aren't you supposed to be a cheerleader?" I asked , frowning as she ate the popcorn she stole.

" Yeah but that doesn't mean anything." She said after she finished swallowing.

" Yes it does . You can't be eating fat foods." I muttered .

" Who says the captain is going to find out ." She said .

" Uhh, me . I got offered to be the captain because Rebecca ditched practice for a week ." I smirked as I watched her reaction. I actually did get offered the spot to be captain a couple of days ago .

Lilith started chocking on the popcorn.

" What ?! Really?" Lilith and Edith asked in unison.

" It's not that hard to believe ." I huffed, slightly offended .

" Constance has been the captain before if y'all don't remember ." Caiden said , sitting on a different couch from me and the girls.

" Oh yeah . I remember . It was about 3 years ago , when we were freshmen ." Edith said .

" I wasn't even here 3 years ago. I was still in Minnesota. But , how and why did you become the captain?" Lilith asked.

" Uhhh... well, I was offered it and I had to show them what I had in me and shit and the coach's ended up liking me and they asked me if I wanted the spot and I took it." I kind of explained.