Part 1

AUTHOR'S notes: Hello! Dear Readers,

In advance, thank you for spending your time reading the story of Katelyn and Jared. I hope that you will be with me until the end of their journey. Please apologize for any grammatical errors you will read between the lines as my mother language is not English, nor am I a grammarian. So feel free to help me with those mistakes, but be gentle in pointing it out.

This story is purely a product of my imaginations; the names, places, and properties are all fiction.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

First Published: Nov. 08, 2018-----Edited: Sept. 30, 2020

Katelyn Victoria Darcy, Kate to her friends, looked at her dress, a knee-length white bridal gown with A-line tulle skirt, and an off-the-shoulder sleeve which emphasized her pale arms.

She knew if any of her few friends looked at her, they would see her energetic blue eyes were full of sadness and apprehension, a reflection of an unhappy bride.

The reality of her life, not a nightmare that once awakens, will just disappear. She must set her mind to be cheerful, even if this is not the kind of marriage she wanted.

She walked back to where her shoes are beside the bed. After making sure that everything is okay with her appearance, she went to the door. Pressed the button as told and then went out of the room.

A maid came and assisted her in the direction of her grandmother's best friend, Amanda, who is waiting for her to eat breakfast.

She was brought to the patio paved with marble stones and saw the smiling face of her Grandmother Amanda or Meme, sitting on a table.

Katelyn immediately runs to her when she saw that the former is preparing to get up. When she is already in front of the older woman, the latter reached out and hugged her tightly.

"Oh! My dear little Tori, I am so happy to see you again," she heard Meme whispered.

After a light pat on her back, the older woman releases her, and then they looked in each other face.

"Steps back a little so I can see you more clearly,"

Katelyn made two steps backward, stared at the older woman again, and then saw the latter's eyes become watery, "I wanted to see you wearing that dress..." She sniffed as if trying to control herself from crying. "It fits you perfectly...I am sure that if your grandmother can see you now, she will say, "You are a beautiful bride." I am glad of this occasion that I will be able to welcome you to my family."

She saw a tear run down Meme's cheek, which made her walk and hugged the older woman to comfort her.

They were in a close embrace for a minute or so. The pat on her back made her released her hold on Meme.

"Sit down now, dear."

Katelyn grabbed the nearest chair on the left side of Grandmother Amanda, who now returned to her chair. Once she is seated, a hand reached out to hold hers. "I am sorry that I was not able to get you to the airport last night."

"I understand Meme," Katelyn interrupted, "I know that you were not feeling well last night, besides you had waited for me. I was just late because of the delay in the flight."

"Thank you, my dear, for understanding this old woman," she patted Katelyn's hands.

"Don't say that you are old, Meme. Your face doesn't show it."