Part 21

Published: Aug. 29, 2020----Sept. 30, 2020

At fifty minutes past eleven, Katelyn saw Mr. Martin, Jared's driver, carrying the foods cooked by Mrs. Smith, passed her going to his Boss's office.

It has been the scenario that she always witnesses every day ever since she started working in the CEO's office; the only difference is this time; her lunch will also be inside the bag.

She is unsure why her husband decided to eat with her as in the past; he doesn't mind that she spent it with her friends.

In ordinary circumstances, she will be ecstatic that he had finally broken his silence, but she is not.

Maybe because this is the first time she connected herself to his grandmother in front of her friend and needed to explain it further. But because he ordered that she eat her lunch with him, it stopped her talking to Nicole about her suppose uncle.

She knows her friend that if the information given to her is incomplete, she will learn the missing pieces on her means. It made her afraid, the possibility that her friends will know her secrets from other sources.

With all those lies she had sewn to make a perfect biography for herself not connected to the Steele, they will not believe in her explanation if they found out about it. The worst thing is that they will be alienating her.

She values her friendship with them as they are the first few friends since her arrival in this new city, where people are always busy at work. They let her into their private lives even though they know her in, while all she did is lie to them.

She knows that she had been unfair to them to the extent that she felt like a parasite, sucking unto its host without giving in return. How she wished she is free to do justice to their friendship.

Michelle's sound taking out her bag in her drawer made Katelyn aware of where she is as if the latter has a revolving camera on her head and saw her staring. She looked back and asked," Aren't you not going to the cafeteria?"

Maybe something is going on this day, as everyone who surrounds her seems to have a heart change.

Even Michelle talk to her politely now, so unlike of her personality.

She is that person who always bullies her with sarcastic comments.

"But wait, maybe the reason for Michelle's change of attitude was because she answered her earlier, and due to it, the latter finally understood that she is not easily bullied."

"So, are you going?'' The second Michelle asked again made Katelyn realize that she did not answer her yet, immediately she did. "No, I am waiting for my friend's call to know where we are going to eat."

"Hmm, okay so I will go out first."

Katelyn just looked at the departing back of Michelle still confused at the latter's behavior but the ringing of her phone distracted her from divulging in the topic especially when she saw Jared's extension number.

"Yes, Mr. Steele what can I do?"

"It's time for lunch, come inside and prepare the foods."

"Okay," she then closed the phone, stand up and walked inside Jared's office.

As Jared is still talking to Mr. Martin on his table, she directly went to the meeting room where the bag of foods is. She takes everything out and arranges the table for two.

She was arranging the utensil when Jared came inside and sits down on one of the chair opposite of where she is putting the spoon.

"So how is Meme?"