Part 13

Published: Sept. 28, 2019----Sept. 30, 2020

Katelyn entered the first door that she saw; the room was empty except for the tables and chairs. She took a deep breath and praying that Tess did not saw her with Jared. She leaned her back on the wall and stared at the opposite end.

"Good thing they were not still holding each other's hands." she mused.

She did wonder about Jared's behavior today. After their encounter with Louis, he acted as if she doesn't existent, making her feel so alone and even to the extent that she almost pities herself. But once they arrived here in the hotel, he becomes like a doting husband in front of his friends.

It was okay with them as they will not let out his secret as they were aware of the nature of their union, but her attending the lunch meeting was a different story.

What if a gossipmonger was there looking for a new topic to spread and she became the subject. All her efforts on keeping their marriage a secret will go to waste.

Good for him; either he violated his terms on marrying her or broke it, there will be no repercussions on him. While with her, if it blows out, she will be the one who will face the consequences, and her remaining self-respect will be the one at stake.

It is the first time that they went out together in public, and already she had nerve rocking moments and he never even help, how much more in the next time?

But first, she has to solve her problem; others she can focus later on once she surpasses this one.

She turned around to peek on the door, but the sudden opening of it startled her, which made her jumped back on the wall and leaned on it like a statue as if she would be invisible.

"Tori, are you in here?" His worried voice asked.

She was relieved to see Jared and immediately pulled him inside as the door closed itself while Jared pinned her on the wall.

"Can't wait until we are in our room?" he whispered on her ears in a playful voice, embarrassed of what he meant, she pushed him away from her. "I was just scared you'll blow my cover, so I'd pulled you inside, not because I cannot wait to do that thing."

A chuckled was heard from him while she holds the handle of the door to open it. Suddenly, a hand stopped her, and in a second, they were back in the same position that they were before. This time desire replaced his mischievous looks. His hand then traced her face and stopped on her chin. He just looked in her eyes, and he said in a soft tone. "Let's go out."

His unexpected word left her trance, but she tried to regain her composure immediately and answered. "Okay, you go out first." He looked at her as if he was going to say something but then stopped. He then turned around and held the handle of the door.

"Don't be too long. I will wait for you in the elevator." He told her that without looking back to see what she was doing, she opened the door and then went out.

"Oh, why was her reaction like that? So embarrassing," she murmured out of shame while fanning herself with her hand as she felt the room become so hot.

She walked inside the room for a minute to relax her mind before walking to the door and join the waiting Jared.

She took a deep breath before opening the door slightly to sneak a peek. Though there are people who were walking, Tess was nowhere around.

"Finally, she can go out," she mumbled while straightening herself and walking out of the room towards the elevator where Jared was standing with two women.

Katelyn noticed that the red hair with curves at the right places and wore an off the shoulder, tea-length dress with split at the back in moss green color flirts with him.