Part 34

Published: Dec.06, 2019----Sept. 30, 2020

"Darling, you are awake already?" Katelyn heard Meme's voice asked her as she sat on the bed.

"Yes, I am Meme," She answered and then yawned while looking at the older woman who arranges the flowers in a vase.

"Rest is what you needed so that the little one will be secure."

At the mention of her child, she looked down at her still flat belly and touched it. Thankfully she didn't lose her precious burden.

She saw Meme's concerned eyes looked at her before she can say anything, the older woman informed her of the Doctor's visit after an hour.

When she left, Theresa came inside and assisted her in taking a bed bath.

She was not sure of what had happened after she fainted until Tess told her. She and Blake brought her to the hospital as soon as they saw her lying on her bed.

When she wanted to ask her friend about the topic of their conversation before she fainted, the latter just answered, "We will talk about it later" and reminded her about the Doctor's advice to refrain from stressing herself in succeeding days.

The Doctor did arrive after an hour and entered her bedroom, accompanied by Meme. After the examination, the Doctor told her, "Everything is stable, but as she is still in her first trimester, special precautions are still needed."

Her regular daily routine was good news already but added to it, her child's good condition was a blessing.

If it is not for the wellbeing of her child, she has been up and around already. She will not spend those past days in complete bed rest without a bathroom privilege. With only the books as a companion, she felt bored. Meme removed all the gadgets in front of her.

Her grandmother's face also brightened with the news, and Katelyn was sure the older woman's happiness was more on her child than her. It was then she remembered Jared.

"Was he happy to know they have a child?" She asked herself, but his absence made her conclude he was not because he never came to visit even once after she refused to see him on her first day in the hospital.

She wished he was with her, mostly when she was in the hospital, scared of losing their child.

"Stop thinking of him, you will only hurt yourself, and it's not good for your child to be sad." She reminded herself and diverted her mind to something else.

Jared just received a call from his grandmother and was informed of his wife and child wellbeing. Happy to hear everything is alright, he smiled for the first time in a week.

He misses his wife so much, but his grandmother guarded Tori against him. He can't even talk to her just on the phone.

He remembered what had happened last Saturday morning after he talked to Theresa. While walking to the hospital where his wife is confined, Jared felt like his rib cage almost broke from his heart's throbbing.

Blake stopped him from entering the room. The reason was, Tori doesn't want to see him. The guilt of not being there with her when she fainted made him do as told. He waited outside the room.

After an hour, his Meme arrived. His grandmother looked at him as if he was a dart and her eyes as the arrows. She never said anything but just passed him to enter the room. Her behavior towards him baffled him. He even asked Blake and was answered by the latter with a shrugged off his shoulder.

When the Doctor went out, and she talked to him, he found out that the baby is safe, but his wife needs to stay. For the series of examinations to be done to rule out any possible causes that can endanger her health and child. The Doctor also advised him to limit any emotional and mental stress to her.