Part 14

Published: July 17, 2019----Sept. 30, 2020

Jared knew that he was smiling like a teen on his first love, and Mark saw it as evidence on his occasional brief look darted in his direction, but he doesn't give a dumb.

He can't believe that with all his planning, he got caught off guard. He blamed it first in waking up with her in the morning, seeing her face if not buried deep on his chest; it was on his arms.

When a person is hungry, and someone offered a morsel, who would want to refuse?

So he became vulnerable, especially that he had been celibate for a few months since the first time that they had met. All those reasons had contributed to the rapid progression of their relationship. Though it had ruined his plans, regrets were the last things on his mind.

Seduced by Tori to the extent that he had forgotten reasons and emotions prevail. He became jealous of any man trying to gain her attention, and the last straw was last Saturday.

When they met the singer who, upon seeing his wife, was taken by her beauty, and she too was overwhelmed by him.

Her action triggered the possessive side of him that made him went inside the elevator and punch the buttons, so his wife has no reason to stay. If he did not do it, they would already be exchanging their contact numbers.

Jared knew that he looked as if he has no manners, but it was better than telling off that young artist that it's his wife he was trying to hit on. Besides, it's not the time yet to let anyone know about their being married. He wanted to make it into public knowledge once Tori has already adjusted well with him and accepted him as her husband. Not because she was obliged to do so but because she loves him.

Contrary to what others believed about him being a cold person, he is a man that longed to be loved and wanted to share his life with someone without reservations. But in this lifetime, it's so rare to find one until Tori came in his life.

Though their beginning was not what he wanted, he was thankful that his grandmother was stubborn and insisted on their union.

His monotonous life had become colorful as he had found joy in every day of his life through her presence.

But to admit it to his Meme was not on his agenda yet. He loves and respects his grandma, but if he succumbs to her after just a few months of being married, it will be a victory for her and a failure to him.

She already mandated his marriage, and if she knows that he is already under the clasp of his wife in a short time, she will surely push them to have a child immediately.

It is not that he doesn't want one, but now, if possible, he only wanted Tori for himself.

"Mr. Steele, here are the copies of the proposals that you had asked me to print out. " the voice of Mark stirred him from his thoughts and made him looked at the folder handed to him.

"Did you already contact the HR department?" he asked Mark first before taking the papers.

"Yes, Mr. Steele, by now, Mrs. Rogers had contacted Mrs. Johnson."

Jared just nodded his head as an acknowledgment that he heard and then took the papers on Mark's hand so he could read it.

Meanwhile, Katelyn just returned from the procurement manager's office to give the papers signed by their head and was sitting down when she heard her name called. She looked up to see Annie, one of their seniors, and the person that Mrs. Johnson considers her messenger of matters inside their office.

"Mrs. Johnson told me to tell you that the HR department called while you were out, and Mrs. Rogers wanted to talk to you.

Surprised by what she heard, Katelyn asked. "What will I do there?"