Part 31

Published: Nov. 09, 2019---Sept. 30, 2020

Hello! Dear Readers,

First of all, I want to thank every one of you again for the support. Sadly, I need to inform you that there will be 3 to 4 parts before the story end, and then I will introduce another one.

Happy reading!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Katelyn wanted to have time and think before going back to the penthouse, so she asked the driver to take the longest route.

Of all the time and place to encounter Tess, it will be in the clinic. They both met while she was walking towards the Obstetrician room, while Tess came out of its door.

They both looked at each other in shock when their eyes collided. The nurse with Tess was the first to break the silence by reminding the latter the way to the cashier. Instead of going with the nurse, she pulled her, and they entered another room.

There she was asked by Tess of her reason to be there too. When she didn't answer, her friend hugged her as if she understands they are in the same predicament.

"So who's the father?" Tess asked while they leave each other embrace. When she didn't answer because of the situation's unexpectedness, her friend concluded it's a product of a one night stand.

"Who is she to contradict it when she cannot pinpoint the culprit?" She didn't deny or agreed but just let her friend believe what she wanted.

In return, she asked Tess if it is Blake who is the father, which made her friend nod and say. "This is an unplanned one, one of those contraceptives went wrong. My problem is how to tell him."

"Blake seemed a responsible man." She commented with no intention of being pitiful, but Tess sees it as one, for she hugged her again. "Know this no matter what you will decide for your baby, Nicole, and I will always be there for you."

Her phone's ringing intrudes into her thoughts, and to see Jared's name as the caller made her sigh before taking the call.

"Hon, are you done?" He asked.

"Yes, I am finished and going back to our place."

It's the fourth time Jared had called since she arrived in the clinic. She almost regretted not letting him come with her because it's still the same. He didn't let her have any peace by his constant call.

He wanted to accompany her, but she refuses, pointing out his being a multi-company CEO as the reason. She told him if anyone saw him going to a clinic and leak it to the media, they will make too much from a simple issue. As the sole heir, any question about his health status will have an impact on the company.

After her explanation, she thought he accepted her reason as he kept quiet. After a few minutes, he smiled at her and whispered, "honey, I still want to go with you."

Of course, she cannot let him come. If he did, he would know everything. So she proposed to let Mrs. Smith accompany her. The latter's name was like a spell because he agreed without argument and left for work.

Her next problem was how she could avoid going with their housekeeper. The nutritionist's arrival saved her from having a chaperone. The former needed her for menu planning.

In the end, she left their place minus the housekeeper and smiling for being free, or so she thought.

"I will be home to eat lunch with you," Jared told her on the phone, which didn't make her happy.