Part 16

Published: July 25, 2019---Sept. 30, 2020

Nicole told them earlier that she had some juicy news to impart with them and telling it in the phone will not do.

Here she and Tess in the mall instead of going home straight from work, buying some food to eat, and waiting for her arrival inside the restaurant.

Good thing that Jared didn't ask her any further after she told him of her going out with Tess and Nicole, he only said that a driver would pick her up once she is ready to go home.

"Girls, I missed the two of you." Nicole's voice full of enthusiasm returned her to where she is.

Nicole kissed both their cheeks and then sits down on the empty chair. She has that look as if they had been away for a year instead of just three days.

"Oh, I miss eating this burger," Nicole told them as she saw it in front of her and, after using a hand wash gel from her bag, took a bite on it.

They already bought one for her, so once she arrived; they don't have to fall in line to order again.

Nicole eating the burger with gusto made her and Tess take a bite on their food too. Only when they had finished eating; thus, Nicole straightened herself ready to tell them.

"Well, as I am already full, I can tell you now, but I feel so bored there before anything else. Everyone so serious inside the office; the only thing that entertained me was this news."

"Come on, Nicole; tell us now what it is. We have already finished our food, and still, you did not start." Tess complained.

"Isn't it exciting to have a little suspense?" She smiled as if making them wait is so fun.

"Yes, Nicole, the time is running so fast, so tell us now," she also persuaded.

"First, let me take a sip from this," she told them at the same time take the soda in front of her. After a drink, she wiped her mouth and took a deep breath while the two of them looked at her, impatient.

"The news that has been going to the hotel was that Mr. Steele was there last night."

"Oh, really, he was there?" Katelyn clarified. "Finally, she knows where he went last night."

"Yes, and everyone who was there said it was because Charlize got drunk. Imagine our high and mighty Mr. Steele went out in the night just because of her." Tess's eyes bulge with the information, and Katelyn just lowered her head and think.

"She was right last night to think who came first to Jared."

"Most of the employees presumed that they had quarreled, and some said maybe she found out that he brought a girl to the hotel last weekend."

This information alarmed Katelyn of anyone identifying her, so she asked. "Did they say who the woman was?"

"As far as I know, they only said she is still young and beautiful. No other details."

Nicole's answer relieved her that even if a gossip came out, her identity was not known.

"Isn't it against the company policy to talk about the guest in the hotel?"

"Common Tess, do you think all those employees will stop gossiping, especially that it is about Mr. Steele? It's rare to see him behave as a common person, let alone at night at a hotel with his drunken girlfriend. Surely, everyone will be curious about what is happening."

"Yeah, you are right, even I will be curious too." Tess answered, and then a smile came out of her face as she added, "Oh! My Gosh, so Charlize finally met her doomed."