The Haunting (Halloween chapter)

It had been another strange mission for Naruto, working with Team Minato they had gone to an abandoned village near Kumi no Hi that was reported to have had things happen no one could explain.

The forest near the village was dead and quite no bird, crickets it was all just quite, this freaked out both Rin and Obito (after coming home, regained some of his old self) who were a little creeped out by this Kakashi was alert and Naruto was surveying the scene,"what do you think happened here?" Rin asked out loud her nervousness steadily growing, as she heard noises and saw things out of the corner of her eye.

Naruto was surveying and kept getting this strange and foreboding feeling of being watched but when he looked in the direction he thought it was coming from there was nothing.

"Come on lets get to the records offices and find out why this place is abandoned," Naruto said not getting a good feeling.

Making there way to the center near villages offices were they noticed that some of the buildings were in much worse shape like they an increased decay rate, which was odd, since the buildings were all built around the time. The found the leaders office and headed, the second they did, this feeling of dread and fear hit them like an A-ranked ninjutsu.

Kakashi shook it off while Obito and Rin stayed close together, with Naruto still in the front in a protective stance should something happen. They walked up to the records office and found it to be in a much cleaner state then the rest of the place, but paid it little mind as they got to work.

They found several journals by the leader that date back to about last year.

Been hearing strange noises at night here, whether i'm here alone or with my assistances, which disturbs us greatly. Ever since Jyro came back from the Western Woods he has been acting strange, rarely comes out socialise, and we hear weird noises from his home. 
                                Ichinasha Murisuko.

As Naruto read on the pages got more bizarre like for instance, things began to move in the buildings or people began to go missing, then finally it was discovered that Jyro had been possessed by an evil spirit.

This had unnerved the four who now wanted to leave before anything happened so they booked it out of there quickly as they could.

The second they did door began opening and closing by themselves, while evil laughing was heard and soon enough when they got to the front door they saw a black shadowy mass staring at them with evil red eyes it was in a cloak so it had no features seen, it then charged at them, but Naruto using his quick thinking remembered and old incantation from the feuding area Uzumaki on how stop evil spirits, signing his hands into a half bird sign he yelled out.

"Uzumaki Fuinjutsu: spirit sealing counter" he then threw his hands out and a pink light surrounded the spirit and he vanished.

Looking around, they all saw nothing and felt nothing, taking a breath they smiled,"you did it Naruto-kun, but what was that?" Rin asked him holding on to Obito.

"That was an Evil Spirit, legends say that if a soul is truly bad, that they are unable to go to the afterlife, so the spirit wanders till it finds vulnerable spirits to attack and eventually possess, the ancient Uzumaki had sealing incantations to fight this threat so we got lucky there," he said to them as they made there way home.

Seeing as it was late they set up camp and headed off to bed to get home early the next day, Obito got a chill up his spine making him shiver, but let it go and went to sleep, never seeing the evil look in Rin's eyes seeing as the spirit had managed to possess her as well as the evil smirk on her face.