#3: Hisashi

"Okay, Alexander!", I grin down to said child. "If there was a fire, who would you save? Inko, me, or Izuku?"

Izuku piped up upon the mention of his name and started to slowly walk towards the two of us.

"Well", Alexander grinned mischievously. "I'd leave you to burn and save Inko and Izuku!"

"Burn!", Izuku repeated while laughing.

"Hey, you were only supposed to choose one!", I picked both of them up and snuggled them in a hug.

In the corner of my eye, I could see Inko laughing at us while walking towards the dining room.

I sweatdrop. Really, Inko?

Though, I suppose this is a good thing. Alexander was actually opening up to us.

He's not that hostile child that randomly steals from everyone anymore.

Alexander bit my arm, which made me let go of the two of them. "Ow!"

Laughing, Alexander picked up Izuku and ran away.

Okay, maybe still a bit hostile...

"Looks like you're getting along well", Inko giggled.

I rolled my eyes and smirked. "It's just because he's so hell bent on making me say uncle."

Inko snorted and pat me in the back symathetically.

I rolled my eyes while grinning. You're really no help, Inko.

😰

"Hisashi", the manager of the company that I was working for called me. "We need you here."

Inko stopped preparing the plates and turned to me worriedly, as if sensing that something was wrong.

Alexander turned from playing with Izuku to me, too.

"Sir, please", I pleaded. "Izuku's going to be 3 next week. I can't just leave!"

A sigh was heard from the other line. "I'm sorry, Hisashi, but our company is desperate. We're practically on the brink of collapse!"

I went silent.

If the company bankrupts, I wouldn't have any job to support the family anymore.

While Inko is working as a secretary of the Heroes' Daily, it wouldn't be enough to be able to earn so that we would be able to bond together like this.

So, I have no choice.

"When's the schedule that I should leave to America, sir?"

Alexander and Inko's eyes visibly widened. Izuku kept playing with his toys, blissfully unaware of the situation.

😓

"Be good, alright twerp?", I grin down at Alexander as he and Inko help me pack for the long trip.

Alexander froze from folding my t-shirts, his eyes hidden from sight.

Inko walked towards me and gave me some hygiene products before turning to Alexander again with a concerned look.

I packed these products just as the 12-year-old slowly spoke. "It's not fair..."

I slowly turned to him with a worried smirk. "What was that, twerp--?"

"It's not fair!", Alexander had tears running down his cheeks. "I just got to really know you, and-a-and you leave us behind? Like what my father did!? What next; Inko and Izuku is going to die of a mysterious disease and history repeats itself all over again!?"

He cupped his hands to his face and sobbed, all the while Inko covered her mouth in shock.

I was pretty much feeling the same thing as her, too. So, that was what happened to his biological family...

"Twerp, look at me", I kneel down in front of him and gently pried his hands off his face. Chocolate Brown met Coal Black as I smile. "That's it."

Inko sat down the bed, my pants being folded by her and put on my travel bags while she tearfully wiped her own tears away and listened to us.

"It's not going to be forever, you know", I ruffle his hair in an attempt to be both annoying and reassuring. He swatted my hand away with a weak laugh. "It's just going to be a couple of months, no biggie. I'll be right back, ready to annoy you at every chance I'll get."

Alexander looked doubtful. "But what if you won't come back?"

"Then, you have my full permission to follow me to America and punch my teeth in", I answered. It earned a laugh out of him, while I continued. "I swear, Alex. I'll never leave any of you behind if I could. I'll keep coming back. I swear it."

Alexander just stared at me hopefully, and after a while, nodded.

I sigh and pull him into a hug. He squeezed back with just as much vigor.

Inko engulfed both of us in a bearhug, crying.

I may or may not have been crying too, but...details.

😨

"Oh, and Hisashi", Mr. Manager spoke. "I forgot to tell you; making the company rise again is going to be a while."

Ah, ****...

😁

A/N:

Hey, look, I finally updated this book! XD

Hope you guys enjoyed! 😄😄😄

(PS: The guy in the picture above is totally me XD)