#18: Alexander

"Okay, so there was this dream I had where I wound up in a closet", John told us off-handedly, his eyes bleary. It was clear that he was barely awake. "Inside, there was this little door. When I went through it, there were a hundred more doors inside them..."

Hermann was sprawled beside Aaron in my bed, while Eliza and Nejire yawned as they sat on the edge of it.

I was trying my best not to fall asleep with Tomura on the futon with me as well, since this is John and he always has something important in mind.

Or was it Aaron?

I can't be sure. Still can't allow myself to fall asleep, though.

The reason?

Eh, I don't know either.

"When I went to check one out, one door was labelled South Carolina", John continued his story. "Inside was that lake I used to play with there when I was a kid. Heh. Turns out, every door leads me to every city in every continent. Amazing, right?"

"Yeah, John", Aaron mumbled sarcastically as he shifted so that Hermann was in his arms. The redhead was too tired to push him away as their bald-headed friend continued. "That dream is really incredible."

"Shut up, Aaron."

I snorted. "Those doors seem pretty farfetched, though."

"Right? But that's what's in my dream!"

"Whatever, you guys", Hermann yawned and wrapped his arms around Aaron. "Let's just sleep..."

I yawned, before whining. "I don't wannaaa..."

Eliza and Nejire had dozed off just minutes ago, and Tomura looked ready to join them, if not for me accidentally pushing him off.

He fell to the floor with a scream, which ended up jolting the rest of us to awareness. "WHAT WAS THAT, YOU--"

I stomped my foot in his head and made him faceplant his face to muffle his screams.

Hermann jolted up along with John as I remembered why I had to stay awake.

This wasn't my room. Or any of theirs.

I...I remember...

I remember that we were following behind Ochako, Izuku and Katsuki while they were going to go towards Hermann's home to meet up with Henri to take up his offer.

Then...

Then, Eliza wanted to buy something, so we ended up telling the kids to go without us and we'll follow.

That's not what ended up happening, though.

Just as she'd purchased quite a number of cinnamon rolls for us to enjoy, a mob of people swarmed us.

We tried to fight back, but...

I recall them injecting something on my neck, before everything became blurry and my train of thought went to who knows where.

Admittedly, I think what they did was...

"Holy ****...", Tomura muttered as he finally understood the situation like the rest of them. "Do you guys know what this means...?"

Nejire looked at him while shakily rubbing her eyes. "We're...having a sleepover in another person's room?"

"Look closer!"

I shushed them, before standing up and walking over to the door. Then, I grabbed the handle and took a deep breath. If my assumption is correct, then...

I twisted the knob. It didn't get through.

The door didn't bulge as I frantically tried again and again. No way. No way, no way, no way--

Hermann slowly got away from Aaron's grip, walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder. When I looked at him, he solemnly shook his head.

I looked down and backed away, dread crawling up my throat. John stood up and put a comforting hand on my other shoulder as well.

Eliza and Aaron were still fighting the drug that made us helpless and gave them the opportunity to do this.

Nejire bit her lip harder as she started to stand up. "So...we're not in any of our rooms? But we're still in a sleepover, right?"

Tomura barked. "Look closer, dammit!"

"No. We weren't even in a sleepover in the first place", I shook my head before facing her. "There's no easy way to say this, but..."

I took a deep breath, before finishing my thought.

"Guys, I think we got kidnapped."

🤤

A/N:

I'm sorta surprised you guys didn't point out that Alexander and the other teens weren't with the kiddos last chapter. So!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Vote and comment if you guys want, and I'll see you all on the next one!

Bye! 😁😅