#22: Alexander

Okay, to tell the truth, I thought that the General course was just like the hero course. Only that they only teach stuff about other jobs, instead of being a hero.

I was wrong.

It was exactly like Middle School, with the exception of the lessons taught here. And it was a bit unsettling.

"My name is Alexander Midoriya", I gave a greeting as I took a bow in front of the class. "I want to be a lawyer someday. Nice to meet all of you!"

I swear to god, I just followed what everyone did before me. They said their ambition, so I said mine.

Not my fault my dream is different.

Everyone raised an eyebrow at me. One of them raised a hand and asked. "So, you don't want to be a hero?"

I shook my head. "No. I can't trust heroes as much as I can't trust how far I can throw Tomura's gaming console, and that's saying sonething."

From the seat at the back, Hermann chuckled. When the two of us made eye contact, I stuck my tongue out at him stubbornly.

The rest of the class still shifted uneasily. A few girls sweatdropped, as if they were thinking of how stupid I'm making myself.

At least, that's what it felt like, strangely enough.

"Alright. Thank you, Midoriya-kun", the teacher directed my seat to me with a smile.

I gave him a salute as I went to sit to the direction he pointed out while the teacher turned back to the class. "Now, who wants to go next?"

Then, the other students went in next. They all wanted the same ambition as the rest of the class; to be a hero.

Well, except for Hermann, of course. He wants to be a neurologist.

Seriously, not saying that I'm judging them in a bad way, but don't they have some other occupation in mind?

Like being a businessman? Or a doctor? Heck, maybe even a garbageman?

Suddenly, someone tapped me on my shoulder from behind.

I turned to see a girl with Dark Brown curly hair, a brown complexion and Reddish Brown eyes smiling at me. "Hey. Alexander, right? Can I call you Alex?"

"Uhh...", I was so dazed on her charmingly mischievous smile that I almost forgot to reply. "Yeah. Yeah, you can."

Did she do her own turn at introductions yet? I didn't remember her going up saying her name at the front.

"Cool", the girl grinned. Then, she stood up just as the person on her left sat down.

Huh. Guess she didn't introduce herself yet.

I watched her go up the front and grin at the class that strangely made me feel warmth in my cheeks. "Maria Lewis, everyone! I want to be a fashionista in the future. Nice to meet you!"

And she doesn't want to be a hero like the rest of the class? Awesome!

Hermann stared at me so intensely, he'd practically burnt a hole in my head. I looked at him curiously and, since we're near each other, asked. "What?"

"Have a new crush, huh?", Hermann whispered while smiling.

"What? Aha, no", I waved a hand in dismissal. "I just...like her, that's all. As a friend."

The redhead just raised an eyebrow at me.

Then, his eyebrows raised even further when I kind of, sort of...blushed when I caught her wink at me.