#15: Alexander

"IT'S THE FREAKING ENTRANCE EXAM, AND I OVERSLEPT!?"

I ran a hand through my hair as I hurriedly put on my uniform in frustration. Why did this happen to me!?

For all I know, John, Nejire, Aaron and Eliza are currently battling robots for their hero exam or something. I'm applying for General Education, so it should have been fine for me...

But I wanted to be early, darnit.

Mom winced as she and Izuku helped me organize my things. "Sorry, dear, but it was the first good night's rest you ever had in days. I couldn't just wake you up."

I sighed. That is true; I studied so hard for the exams that I always end up doing an all-nighter these days.

Blinking, I recieved the notebooks Izuku got out for me. It was his analysis notebooks.

I smiled and ruffled his hair. "Thanks, Izuku. This will surely help me with my exam later!"

Izuku gave me a deafening smile, and I couldn't help but smile back.

Mom giggled and reached out my bag to me. "Just remember, dear; have fun!"

"I will!", a smile spread on my lips as I took the bag, smoothened out my uniform, and bade farewell to them. "Bye, mom! Bye, Izuku!"

"G-go-goodbye, Alex-nii-chan!", Izuku waved his hand so fast, it was really hard to see it anymore.

Mom just gave me a smile as I walked out the door and started to run towards the train station--

"Sheesh. Took you long enough."

I tripped and faceplanted on the floor at the voice. "AGH--!"

There was a snort behind me as I collided with the cold, hard ground, before I was aided by many hands and made me stand back up again.

I blinked at Eliza, John and Tomura owlishly, before hesitantly pointing at them in confusion. "Wait...why are you guys here?"

"Like hell we'll leave you behind in this important day!", John grinned. "We're a team!"

Eliza nodded along.

I blinked again, before smiling. "You guys..."

Suddenly, I had a thought. "Wait--if we're a team, where's Nejire and Aaron?"

Eliza and John shifted their eyes elsewhere in a sheepish manner. "They, uh, already left in a hurry with Aaron's mom."

I sweatdropped. Seriously?

"Can we go now?", Tomura groaned as he shouldered his own bag properly. "We're going to be late, you know. The train will leave without us."

I gaped at him in shock, too. "Wait, why are you joining us on taking the exams?!"

The local game addict just shrugged.

"Well, Tomura's right", John frowned as he looked at his watch. "We really need to go. Like, right now."

Oh yeah.

That's why I was in a hurry in the first place.

Darn it. We got distracted!

We all dashed towards the train station as fast as we could. I hope we'll make it in time.

😆

Whew, I took a deep breath and willed myself to calm down. Glad we made it on time.

All around us, students from other schools were walking towards the grand building in front of them, with a red letter U at it's center.

"So, this is UA...", John started to tear up. "I might cry. Eliza, hold me."

"Go ahead", Eliza clung to him and pat him in the back while smiling. "I won't judge."

Tomura rolled his eyes in exasperation. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well, we'll go ahead now!", Eliza and John started to run towards the building while waving at us. "Good luck!"

I waved back at them. "You, too!"

I turned back to Tomura, only to find that he wasn't there anymore. Eh!?

I frantically tried to look for him around the school parameters, even if there was a huge crowd nearing the school.

Before I could even peek what it was and if Tomura was there, though, a hand clasped me on my shoulder.

I turned to see a guy with Chestnut Red hair and Tea Green eyes staring at me with a smirk and with a concerned look in his eyes. "Hey, you okay? You've been running amok here for quite some time now."

I...did?

I sweatdropped as I attempted to straighten my shirt. "I probably got ditched by Tomura, then. That jerk."

The guy gave a little laugh as he started to walk beside me. "That friend of yours doesn't sound very nice."

"That's because I'm not even sure we're friends in the first place."

He smiled at me. For some reason, I could feel myself relax a little with his presence.

It wouldn't hurt if I become friends with him, right?

I extended a hand. "By the way, my name is Alexander Midoriya."

He raised an eyebrow at me, and gave me a lopsided smirk. "You're not native to this country, are you?"

"Ha, ha."

"No offense, by the way. I mean, I'm not really that native here as well", he accepted my hand and shook it. "My name is Hermann Hikari. Nice to meet you."