#16: Hermann

"Nii-chan", Henri came to me while strugging to drag the bag I needed. I turned to him as he continued. "Here's the things you need for your trip to UA. Are you sure you don't want dad to drive you there? It might be 3am, but I'm sure he won't mind."

I grinned and crouched down to his height. "Yeah, Hen-Hen. This amazing brother of yours needs to practice independence to survive, you know!"

He looked down even further while clutching the stuffed dragon I gave him on his birthday, which looked ridiculously big compared to him. The bag was forgotten on the floor as he mumbled. "Dad will be mad at you again. You'll recieve a severe punishment, Nii-chan..."

I sighed. "It's not like I'm applying for the hero course, so dad has nothing to be mad about."

My dearest little brother looked at me like I just said I wanted to eat a large, smelly boot. And I honestly couldn't blame him.

We, the Hikari Clan, are a mixed breed of German, Japanese and American, and we own the Light Industries; the most successful and richest hero support company thanks to my little bro.

Yes, you heard that right.

My brother, Henri, has the smartest mind that surpasses even dad's, and his inventions made our company be in the eyes of the big leagues despite him being 4 years old.

Mom had always said that he got his talent from our great, great grandpa. Of course, it has consequences.

Dad got a little too happy with this popularity we have now.

So happy that he started to make Henri work for all the inventions the heroes needed non-stop, and barely even gave him any freedom until I began to sneak him out of the house to see Shouto-kun and the town.

I barely had any freedom myself, since he also started to limit the friends I have to only those with money and fame because who needs to be all friendly with lowlives?

If I had it my way, I would throw him off the house balcony, family relation be ******.

And as you can tell, our father-son bonds had quickly become a puppeteer-puppet relationship, and it frustrated me to no end.

I don't want this to be made worse. That's why I'm breaking off on my own, starting by enrolling to UA in my own will and my own choice, because **** him!

However, Henri...he still holds on to the hope that our dad actually loves us. Mom holds that rhapsodical hope, too.

And it frustrated me to no end.

"I...I understand", Henri just bowed his head before giving me a bright smile. "I'll just tell them you're applying with your friends. Do your best, Nii-chan!"

I stared at him in worry. I could tell he's worried for me, even though he acts all cheerful and encouraging.

I hated how things turned out to be like this, to be honest.

"Don't worry, Hen-Hen. I'll bring souvenirs for you to enjoy when I come back", I swung my backpack on my shoulder and gave him a gentle pat on the head. "Be safe, alright?"

I jumped through the window and slid right through the bushes, before running through the silent streets of the town.

Now, I do know I'll be punished when I get back. I don't care about that, too.

But...

Will Henri be punished as well?

I sure hope not. Really, I don't.