#5: Alexander

I'm going to impress them all!

Or at least, that's what I aimed for until I tripped in front of the class at the very first day of school.

Stupid gravity.

The teacher muffled her laughter as she held out a hand for me. "Are you okay, Midoriya?"

I blink up at her, then took her hand enthusiastically. "Of course!"

Nothing is going to ruin this day! It's the first day where I can finally go to school, after all!

I didn't get the chance to when I was in Portugal. I'm going to make every moment count!

So, trying to forget my blunder earlier, I proceeded to the center of the room and bowed out of courtesy. "I'm Alexander Midoriya, and I'll be starting school starting from today! Nice to meet you! And please take care of me!"

I noticed most girls peeking from their desks to look at me with big smiles as I stood back up.

I tilted my head in curiosity. Is there something on my face?

I frantically scrubbed at my own cheeks as the teacher introduced me further. "Midoriya-kun is originally Hamilton-kun from Portugal, and was recently adopted by the Midoriyas due to circumstances. Be nice to him, will you? He's new here!"

"Okay, teacher!"

Great. The teacher knew what my situation was like.

What else?

😕

A girl with gentle but Stormy Grey eyes and Ebony Black hair giggled as I took a seat next to her.

The boy with curly Chocolate Brown hair and Chestnut Brown eyes beside me giggled as well.

I looked at both of them as I kept rubbing on my cheeks. "What?"

"Why are you scrubbing on your cheeks?", the girl pointed out.

"Yeah", the boy casually leaned into his desk. "Something got on your face or something?"

"Uhh...", I gently put my hands down and smiled. "Well, the girls were acting strange, so I thought there's something on my face..."

The boy snorted while the girl gaped at me.

I could feel his desk shaking with muffled laughter while the boy snickered. "He's dense..."

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean!?", I barked--

The girl laughed, which made me stop.

Her voice was so...melodic and angelic.

This is weird.

This is really weird...

She held out a hand to me. "Name's Eliza Schuyler. I'm actually American, but dad took the family here to live permanently from now on. So, we're both immigrants! Anyway, nice to meet you!"

I stared at her, uncomprehending. Now, I could process little details about her, like how her hair shines againsi the autumn sun, how her eyes glimmer and sparkle, how--

"Hey, Romeo, just accept her hand and stop flirting with her already", another kid with bald hair and Coal Black eyes piped in with a smile.

I jumped at the sudden interruption, which cause the girl, Eliza, to laugh again. However, there was a noticeable blush on her cheeks.

...did I really just say those things out loud?

"No, no, let him process the feeling of love, Aaron", another girl with extremely long Baby Blue hair giggled.

"Shut up and let me have my fun, Nejire."

I shook my head. This isn't getting me anywhere.

I took Eliza's hand. "Nice to meet you, too, E--Schuyler-chan!"

She giggled again. "Eliza is fine! My friends call me that!"

I could feel heat crawl to my cheeks, but I forcefully push it down. Don't embarrass yourself, Alex...

"You can call me Alex, too, if that's the case!"

She smiled.

The boy beside me tapped my shoulder and held out a hand, too. "Sorry for my comment earlier, but I want to be friends. Name's John Laurens!"

The bald boy held out a hand, too. "Name's Aaron Burr."

The girl with the long blue hair bounced to my desk childishly. "And my name's Nejire Hado! Let's call each other by our first names!"

I shook all their hands with a big smile. "Sure. It's really nice to meet you all!"

So, this is what having friends is like...