#12: John

"It's the last year of middle school, so you have to start thinking about your futures", the teacher walked in, holding a bunch of sheets, before grinning. "I'm going to pass out these sheets for you all to evaluate, but..."

He shook his head fondly. "I assume majority of you all just want to be heroes?"

Majority of the class whooped in joy as they showed off their quirks. I rolled my eyes and turned my gaze to Alexander, who looked deep in thought.

"Yes, yes, I know your quirks are amazing", the teacher yawned and waved us all off. "But remember that quirk usage still isn't allowed in public!"

"And yet he still doesn't do anything to stop everyone aside from that", Eliza rolled her eyes, too.

"He probably didn't have enough coffee to keep himself sane today", Tomura piped in.

I stared at him in shock for a minute, before snickering. "Tomura, that's a bit insulting, isn't it?"

"What? It's probably true."

Alexander still looked deep in thought. The rest of us looked at each other, then back at him.

Okay, what's going on with him today? He's been like that ever since he saw the papers the teacher brought in just now.

Aaron decided to be the noble one and slowly reached out to our macho friend. Nejire gulped.

I formed a three-finger in my right hand, kissed it and raised it up. "Rest in piece, Aaron."

He gave me a deadly glare. "Shut it, John."

We all stared as Aaron continued to reach out, albeit a little more nervous than before.

Eliza shook her head. "You will be missed, Aaron."

He gave her another glare.

I snorted obnoxiously. Just get on with it, Aaron.

Aaron reached again and tapped Alexander in the shoulder.

That made Alexander shot up in his seat. Aaron violently scrambled to get back to his seat and acted like nothing happened.

Nejire rolled her eyes good-naturedly and giggled.

The reason why Aaron was like this was because the last time Alexander got jolted from his thoughts, that poor, unfortunate soul got yeeted into the sun because of his reflex.

Of course, it was lunch, so the teachers weren't in charge of us and there weren't any consequences. Now is different for obvious reasons.

Alexander looked at me confusingly. "What?"

"You've been spacing out ever since the teacher came", I put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "You okay?"

I could have sworn I heard Tomura growl out of jealousy, but I think that was just my imagination.

"Oh, uh, yeah", he smiled awkwardly and scratched the back of his head. "It's just..."

He looked away from us. Eliza and I frowned as he continued. "It just got me thinking; after Middle School, where should I go? I mean, I'm surely not going to UA because I want to be a lawyer, and I have a dislike for heroes, but I don't know what school I should go that I would still be able to get close to my family..."

Eliza hummed. "You're right about that..."

I frowned deeper. The nearest law schools were at least miles from Mutsufatsu, so there's no way he'd be able to get close to us if he goes to any of them.

Suddenly, Tomura perked up and turned to Alexander. "How about you just go to UA, but at a different course?"

We all blinked blankly at him. The class still kept their shenanigans while this is going on between us.

Nejire snapped her fingers enthusiastically. "Oh yeah! There are a lot of courses in UA! There's the Support, Management, and General courses!"

"Buut there's still the Hero course", Alexander plopped down on his desk and buried his face between his arms in annoyance. "I'd rather go out of the country than be bullied there."

We all looked down again.

It was then that I had a wonderful idea. "Guys, why don't all of us just enroll to UA?"

They all stared blankly at me. I sweatdropped. Why are their reactions like that?

"Think about it; me, Nejire nd Aaron will be enrolling for the Hero course", I elaborated in hopes of persuading. "Eliza will be on management, since she wants to start a business on her own, and Tomura and Alexander would just go to the General course!"

"But that's really not the ideal course to become a lawyer?", Alexander interjected.

"Yes, but there's also college", I pointed out. "You can also go with us there. Law education is better in college, after all!"

Aaron considered this. "This is actually a good idea, John."

"What's that tone supposed to mean?"

"I mean it's good, you doofus. We'll be able to pursue our dreams without being apart."

Nejire clapped her hands gleefully. "Yeah!"

Alexander looked deep in thought about it.

Tomura rolled his eyes. "Fine, that's a kind of good offer."

Alexander gave him a sideglance, before sweatdropping. "I don't want to be left out."

"Awesome!", I grinned like a Chesire Cat. Huh. Maybe I look like Jeff the Killer now. "We'll all enroll to UA and do our very best!"

Aaron frowned again. "But the acceptance rate is really low, though--"

I hit him with a single notebook while pouting. "DO YOUR BEST!"

Tomura still looked bored about it. "Whatever."

Alexander proceeded to hug me, along with Eliza and Nejire. "Yeah!"

Aaron just snickered at me, before I pulled him, too. He complained. "Hey! I can't breathe!"

I laughed. I love these guys so much.