#21: Eliza

It was an utter relief to get rescued.

I mean, for a second there, I honestly thought we were going to get executed Danganronpa style before we even start our first semester in U.A.

Shouldn't the dying part be after you graduate there?

Nevertheless, I'm just really glad I'm with my family again. Currently, they're hugging me to death, and I just can't find myself to care about how suffocating it is.

Because, I'm alive. We're all alive.

Also, I guess Kurogiri used his Warp Gate quirk on them, since our family suddenly popped up near us after Endeavor beat the guy who kidnapped us.

Though, I really have to wonder...

How long did we stay at this palace-villain base? I mean, everything did start with us getting kidnapped...

Well, not like it matters that much now, right?

"You okay?", Angelica fixed my hair and gently forced me to look at her in the eye after we pulled away from each other. "Did those guys do anything to you?"

I gave an awkward laugh as gripped hers and Peggy's hands. "I'm really fine, honest. Thank you for worrying about me."

Dad just chuckled and gave a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Of course, dear. You're my daughter."

"And we're your sisters", Angelica smiled, before pulling me and Peggy in a hug again. I let a small smile grace my features as I melted in their embrace.

Then, when I looked up, I could see the others doing the same as me...to an extent.

Aaron looked down as his parents glowered down at him, to which I inwardly winced at. His parents were really strict and scary, after all.

However, after a full minute, his father's gaze softened before putting a hand on top of Aaron's head and saying something I couldn't hear.

It must have been really something, because Aaron suddenly whipped his head towards them and wrapping the two of them in a hug, relieved.

I swore I could see tears at the corner of his eyes, but I couldn't be sure.

Meanwhile, Hermann looked helpless as his own little brother, Henri, weakly punched him in the gut, before screaming something I also can't hear while crying as their parents watched. It wasn't long until he crumpled to the floor, though.

Hermann's lips wobbled, before crouching at his level and engulfing him in a bear hug.

Their mother's tears finally fell as she rushed to the two of them and joined them in the hug. It also wasn't long before their father joined, too.

It was really heartwarming.

However, I found it comical with the fact that Tomura is just standing there looking like a grumpy child while Mr. Matsuo and Kurogiri scolded him.

Though, I'm also glad on knowing they also care about him so much.

As for Alexander and Nejire...well, they're also in a hug with their families in utter relief, like me.

Long story short; we were happy. Content.

It should have been the end of story. It should have ended right there.

But when that hooded villain went past me as they were led away, I accidentally met their eyes.

I really regret doing that.

For once this person noticed I had looked at their way, they properly fixed my eyes on me before giving a predatory smile, with a strange gleam in their eyes.

I immediately felt a shiver down my spine. I've watched enough movies to know what that meant.

It was a message...

No, not a message. A warning.

It's not over, they seemed to be saying to me. It's never over.

My grip on my sisters became tighter as I shut my eyes close. What did that mean?

What do they really want from us?

😰

I blinked repeatedly in surprise at the disk in front of me. It seemed to be showing a hologram.

It had been a few weeks after we got rescued, and I suddenly recieved this letter out of the blue. It's the results of the exam.

Who knew?

"Good day, Ms. Eliza Schuyler!", the bear hybrid thing, which I recognize as Nezu, spoke enthusiastically. "It had come to our attention that you had applied to the management course, correct?"

Even if I knew that this is just a recording, I still nodded.

"Well, the results have come in, and we'll have to say that you have done an excellent job, Ms. Schuyler!", Nezu continued on. "You have passed the Entrance Exam! You are now part of the management course! Congratulations!"

I stared up at the hologram in shock. I passed...?

After the hologram shut off, I still stared up, processing. I really...passed?

A big grin crept up my face as I burst out of my room and screamed at the living room, where my father and sisters are watching the television. "I PASSED! I PASSED, I PASSED, I PASSED!"

Angelica gasped, before running over to me and pulling me into a hug. "Eliza!"

Peggy giggled as she ran over to hug me, too. "Congrats, big sis!"

My father just smiled at me proudly, before announcing. "Well, let's all have a big celebration, shall we?"

"Yes!", the three of us screamed.

I felt that this begins a new chapter in my life. Even with that creepy warning from that guy still in my head...

It'll still be fine, right?

This is one huge step towards tomorrow, and I won't let anything bring me down!

Well, except maybe my little friendship group, but they don't really count...I think.