#13: Eliza

"AAAAHAHAHAGGHH!", John screamed and laughed at the same time as Aaron chased him with a wok. "STAPH! CHILD ABUSE! CHILD ABUSE!"

"WE'RE BOTH THE SAME AGE!", Aaron roared back, which is weird for him because he always seemed composed all the time. "NOW, GET BACK HERE!"

"I DON'T WANT TO DIE!"

I rolled my eyes as I sat with Nejire on the beach. Those two...

To be honest, the only reason why we were there was because we wanted to increase our stamina by swimming in longer periods of time. We were even wearing our swimming attire!

Oh, and the reason why Aaron is beating John with the wok right now is because my dear friend accidentally spilled cold juice all over Aaron, so...

"So melodramatic!", Nejire frowned before grinning excitedly. "I can't wait for this to finish, though. I want to finally swim!"

"Nejire, calm down and sunbathe with me first", I insisted while shaking her lightly. "After all, we're still waiting for Tomura and Alex!"

Nejire pouted. "What's taking them so long, anyway?"

I smiled before turning to the open sea in front of us. The waves were calm as the sin was high up in the sky.

"Well", I sighed. "Alexander said that Izuku-chan's being checked to the doctor's for any quirk that he might have. After all, with his fourth birthday coming to pass just weeks ago, and his quirk not appearing yet..."

Silence reigned for a while. Now, I watvhed as John made Aaron float and spin rapidly in place.

"JOHN, STOOOP THIIISSS!", Aaron looked like he could puke. "PUT ME DOWNNNN!"

"Relax your butt first to stop yourself from spinning!", John grabbed the wok our bald-headed friend had and sported a mischievous smile. "Hehehe..."

"JOHN, YOU LITTLE--"

"You don't think Izuku is quirkless, do you?", Nejire frowned as she picked on the ends of her hair.

I frowned as I looked up, before willing my hair to tie themselves up to a bun. "I hope not. It would really suck for him."

How did I know that? Because I was accidentally diagnosed as quirkless myself.

Indeed, 5 weeks after my 4th birthday, the doctor declared that I was quirkless, since my quirk hadn't shown up yet and didn't show any signs of showing up any time soon.

It was shameful for a Schuyler family member, you know.

My family all had powerful quirks; dad had the power to control the weather, mom had the power to charmspeak and control people using her voice, and Angelica, my big sister had the power to read and literally get into the minds of people. Peggy, too; even if she was barely 3 yet at that time, her quirk was currently the ability to stop time, though it could only stop for at least 15 seconds.

So, when it was found that I was probably quirkless, pretty much everyone aside from my family and John turned their back on me.

I was alone.

Then, there was that incident when a large cabinet accidentally fell on my head. It didn't hit me, though, because it froze in place the second it was 3 centimeters away from me.

It was then that I realized that it was me who made it freeze in that position. The doctor did a check up on me after that incident and told me that my quirk was Telekinesis; the ability to procude motion in objects without contact means.

Immediately, I got my friends back and my place in society was back in place. I was really thankful for this small miracle that occured for me...

But what if I was really quirkless?

It was a question I was afraid of dwelling into, but my mind couldn't help but wander to it once again. How would my life be like if I was actually without a superpower?

Would I still be friends with Nejire, Aaron and Maria?

Would Alexander still accept me as his friend, too?

I was cut out of my thoughts when Aaron was unceremoniously dropped to the ground. John was grinning excitedly as he looked to the side. "Hey, Alexander! Glad you could--"

Suddenly, his smirk dropped. "Hey. What's wrong?"

I turned to the direction he was looking at, and indeed, there was Alexander wearing casual clothing and his swimming attire in hand. His face was showing a sorrowful frown.

I frowned deeper as he took a spot beside me. "How did it go?"

Alexander heaved a long, suffering sigh. "Izuku, he's..."

My eyes widened at his next statement. Nejire covered her mouth in utter shock.

"He has two toe joints in his foot", Alexander's voice visibly cracked. "He's quirkless."