Chapter 1

••••kindly put on your playlist •••••
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

10 years has passed. 10 years since I last saw Shawn. Tina is 15 now. I can't believe my little baby is all grown up. Dad died two years ago which caused a really big hole in my life. May he Rest In Peace. Mom and I never interact anymore. Last time I saw her was in Maddy's wedding. Which was one year ago. Maddy moved to Australia with her husband. We only call each other now. Lucy is in college now. She attends college in Canada. Evan and I haven't been on good terms lately. I don't know what happened. But I guess the problem was me wanting another child and he refusing it. We fight a lot. Lucy always thinks that we should not do this at least for Tina's sake. I really don't want her to grow up with divorced parents. Like I once did.

Me and Tina decided to go visit Lucy in Canada for a while. Just to stop the fights between me and Evan. He also said he would go to Mami with couple of friends for a while.

"Hey. Yeah. We just landed, Lucy." I say as the plane stops with us on it in Toronto's airport. "Okay, hun. Give me a call when you're outside the airport." I hear her say before we hang up. "I can't believe we are in Canada and in Shawn's hometown too!" Tina says as she gets the bags. "For God's sake Tina. Stop being so in love with the guy." I say rolling my eyes. I wasn't jealous. It was just the thought of my daughter being in love with guy I was once in love with is totally disgusting. Can't even tell you.

"Call your aunt. I will go grab some coffee. I wanna come back see her car here it is freezing. For god's sake!" I say to Tina as I walk to Starbucks.

After all of these years, I saw that baby face again . But this time it was more grown up. More mature. He sitting on a table staring at his phone. His AirPods are in his ears. He is wearing a white shirt with those black jeans and a black coat and boots. A black scarf is covering his neck. I had to sit there not because I wanted to. But because there was no other place to sit. He looks up at me as I sit down. "Hello." He says with his deep voice. Oh god how can someone change like this in 10 years? 10 freaking years?! "Hi." I say awkwardly. "Do we know each other? I feel like I know you." He says smiling. Uhhh maybe because I was once your personal assistant and your fucking secret affair! Take it easy, Toni. No need to freak out or lose it! "What is your name?" He asks as narrows his eyes at me. "Toni...Bates." I say as I clench my teeth. "Toni?! Is that really you?!" He says smiling so happily. "Yeah." I say as I stand up to go. But instead I could feel his arms around me hugging me softly. Oh how much I missed this hug. This warm soft hug. Toni?! You're a married woman with a child that likes that man so stop! As we hug I can feel my phone buzz in my bag. Shit! It is Tina! I have to go or she will come. "Hey. I really have to go right now." I say as we pull back from the hug. "Okay. How can I see you again?" He says smiling. Well technically you can't but. "Here is my number. See you." I say as I give him a paper with my number and leave. What did I just do? Stupid shit!