Chapter 17

••kindly put on my playlist ••••••••••
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I am sitting there not able to talk. Andrew is looking at me. I don't know how to answer him. I can't tell him that Shawn came to me and I told him to go away. To leave me alone. "Well, go get dressed. I need you to see him. Talk to him. He listens to you, Toni." Andrew says. "I can't." I say as I look at the mug. It is filled to the half. "What? Why?" He says. "I just can't." I say as I get up. I can't go. I can't see him. It will only hurt us both more than it already hurts. "Please Toni, you're my only hope. He's not listening to anyone. Not his parents or his sister. You're are my only chance. Help me get him back." He says. It sounds like he is pleading. "I can't, okay? I just can't! He won't listen to me anymore! He thinks I hate him now!" I say as I look at the ground. "What? He hates you? But, why?" He asks. "He came to see me one month ago. He asked me why I left....I just...I told him that I don't wanna see him anymore ...and that he should leave me alone.." I say as the tears fill up my eyes. Andrew just walks up to me and hugs me. It kinda feels like the hugs I used to get from dad. It is relaxing. "I am sorry, Toni. But, I am sure that Shawn will forgive. Let's at least give it a try." He says as we pull from the hug. "Okay." I say as I take a deep breath.

I look at the mirror. I am wearing a pair of black jeans with light blue blouse. I let my hair lose. It is my shoulders length. I go out. Andrew is waiting by his car. I get into the car. We drive to Shawn's parents house. It reminds me of the first time I have been here. Shawn brought me here himself. We actually didn't tell any of them about us. We pull over in front of the house. "You okay?" Andrew asks. I just nod and get out of the car. We walk to the front door. "They don't know anything, okay? Just say you're visiting him as a friend." He says before he knocks the front door. A teenage girl's face appears. She has long brown hair. She kinda looks like Shawn. "Andrew and Toni?" She says. Her voice grew up and it is so lady like. "Hey Aaliyah." I say in a soft voice. She hugs me. It is good to see her. I missed her terribly. "We are here to see Shawn. Is he home?" Andrew asks. "Oh yeah. But, I thought you came to see dad?!" She asks. "Oh no, Where is he by the way?" He asks. "He and mom went out on a date." She says with a smirk. She lead us to Shawn's room. "I will leave you guys. I am going to a friend's house. Bye. It was good to see you, Toni." She says as she goes down the stairs. We both hear the door shut. "Lucky you! They are all out. Should I leave you guys alone?" He says. "I don't know.." "I will leave you guys alone. I will wait in the car." He says as he walks to the stairs. He  waves at me and then gives me a thumbs up and then leaves. I turn to the door. I take a deep breath and then I knock.