Chapter 19

•••kindly put on your playlist ••••••••••••
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Madam? Are you dead?" I hear a guys voice. I wake up in a cafe booth. I look up to see a guy in a striped shirt with a cap. "Where am l?" I ask as I rub the sleep from my eyes. My hair is wet. My clothes too. "Welcome to Shake and run! Are you gonna order anything?" He says. "How long have I been in here?" I ask him. "You came in from like 5 hours. You just fell asleep." He says. I get up. "Thanks." I say as I get 10 dollars put of my wet pocket and give them to him. I leave the guy with my wet money and walk outside the cafe. The streets are wet. I decide I am too lazy and too wet to do anything so I call Lucy. It is a Sunday so she will be free. If she is not in bed with a guy.

I am siting on the pavement. Lucy said she will be here in 10 minuets. I see her car coming. She stops in front of me. "Get in." She says. I get up and into the car. She start to drive. "You look devastating. What happened?" She says as she drives. "It is a long story." I say. "Okay then. You can tell it to me when we go to my place." She says as she takes a road turn. I just nod.

"Here." She hands me a mug of warm coffee. I just took a shower. I am wearing one of Lucy's jeans along with a white blouse of hers as well. "So? What were you doing in a cafe in the middle of Toronto at 6:00 in the morning?" She asks. I take a sip from my coffee and start telling her everything. From my first day on the tour bus till now. "Oh my god! You are one a hell of a girl, you know that Toni." She says. I struggle my arms with a deep breath. "But, you know..it is kinda of foolish what you did to that guy! I mean it looks like he really loves you. Even more than my foolish brother." She says as she takes a sip from her mug. "But, I was destroying his life." I say. "Oh no! You just destroyed it. He was doing what was going to make him happy not destroy him." She says. "Take it from a woman who sat all her life listening to people's problems while they were getting a tattoo or a piercing." She says. I laugh lightly. Maybe she is right. And I was wrong.

I went back to work after I stayed the rest of my break with Lucy. It was kinda good to talk about to a girl. I walk back home. Tina and Michel are coming today. I clean the apartment. I hear the door knock as I put on my marron blouse. I go to door. I open it to see my little girl. She is wearing her red hair in two braids. She is wearing the hoodie I gave her for her 16th birthday. It makes me think of Shawn. 3 weeks it has been since I last saw him. Next to her is Michel. He's growing a bread I think. He is wearing a blue t-shirt along with a pair of black jeans. "Mom!" She says as she places her arms around me. I hug her back. "Welcome back, you two." I say as we pull back and I turn to hug Michel. "Come on! We're all going out!" Tina says so excited. "But, honey you just arrived!" I say in a lot of confusion. "Don't be a fun spoiler! Come on!" She says as grabs my hands and pulls me behind her. I don't know what this girl is up to but I think it is going to be fine.