Chapter 8

•••••kindly put on your playlist •••••••••••••••••
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We went back to the hotel. We decided to watch movie. "Want popcorn?" He says as he jumps into the bed next to me. "Of course." I say as I grab some from the plate. "So? Found the movie?" He asks. I nod as I choose the movie. I place the laptop in front of us. It is called "A Star Is Born". As we watch I was cold and too tired to go grab a blanket. "You cold?" He asks as he looks at me. The light from the laptop is reflecting on his eyes. They are sparkling. "No, I am good." I say as I look at the movie. I can feel his arm behind me. He pulls me closer to him. "Shawn?!" I say. I mean Not that I am complaining. "Just trust me, Toni. Can you trust me?" He says. It just feels so sweet to hear something like this. I nod not knowing if this is right. I mean it feels right. He holds my hand into his. "What do you feel about me, Toni?" He asks me as he stares into my eyes. I just look at him more like stared. "Toni?" He says softly. His hands are holding tighter to mine. "Whatever you feel about me. I just wanted to let you know that..I still love you. I never stopped not even when you walked away. Give me a chance. I will prove to you that I can give you anything you want. I will try my best to make you happy. Will you give me this chance?" He says. I just sit there can't say a word. I mean I knew that Shawn loved me. But.. this...this is what I will never be able to imagine. "Toni, talk to me please." He says still as soft as he can be. "Shawn... I..." I sight. He leaves my hands. His arm is pulled away. He just sits on the bed his legs on the floor. I look at his back. "I knew that you will never love me. It is okay. But, I won't stop." He says as he gets up and leaves the room. I look at the laptop. I close the movie. I just laid down in bed with a million thoughts that I never wanted to have.

"Get up mom!" I can feel her hand shaking me to wake up. "What?" I say as I get up. "Can I go with Shawn to the stage?" She asks. She is wearing a pair of ripped jeans and a red cropped hoodie. Her hair is lose. "Is this make up on your face, young lady?" I ask her as I get up from the bed. "What? No." She says rolling her eyes. "What did I say about the make up, Tina?" I say. "Let her do what she want, Toni." I hear him. I really didn't get that much sleep last night thanks to him. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened. The things he said, the way he held my hands. "See? Shawn likes it!" She says. "Fine." I say. "I will wait for you in the car, Shawn!" She says as she walks right outside the room. "Good morning. Don't worry I will take care of her." He says as he turns to walk outside. "Shawn!" I call him. I don't know why. I just did it. I walk to him. "Yeah?" He asks. We are facing each other. "I am really sorry about last night. I am just tired and Evan and I just split up and" "Toni! It is okay. It was nothing anyways." He says as he walks away. I really hurt him. I hate to hurt him. I mean apart of me still likes that guy. And it is growing.