Chapter 5

•••••kindly put on the playlist •••••••••••••
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It is Thanksgiving already. Tina is supposed to be here today. She would spend the weekend with me. Then she will be back by Christmas. I gather my stuff and put in my black coat and boots on a black jeans with a pink blouse. I walk to the door. I see his smiling soft face in front of me. What are you doing here, Mendes?! "Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!" He says smiling. I smile at him even though I am late. I go out as he walks to the back. I shut the door behind me. "Good morning Shawn! I would really like to sit and chat but Tina is waiting for me in the airport." I say as I walk past him. I can feel his hand grab mine. "I am coming with you!" He says as we face each other. "What?! You can't! I mean.. she won't remember you.. she will be surprised!" I say nervously. I don't want Tina to know now. She can't know now! "Yes, I can Charles and I will do what I want. It is not like your my wife." He says as his hand move to my waist. I roll my eyes. He always knows how to win. Yeah. He wins! I have now to deal with telling Tina the story of her mother's miserable life.

"Mom!" I hear her voice calling me. She has grown up in those couple of months. She is wearing her red hair into two braids. Yeah, Tina has her father's hair and my green eyes . She got some freckles across her cheekbones. Her eyelashes are thick and her smile is so beautiful. She is wearing a pair of ripped blue jeans along with a red hoodie. It is actually a merch of Shawn's. I bought her this hoodie on her 16th birthday. Yeah my little girl is 16 years old. The fact that I got married at the age of 20 makes me so young in age. I mean I'm 29 after all. She places her arms around me tightly and I actually hug her tighter. "I missed you a lot!" She says smiling. "Me too, dear." I say so excited to see her. "I have a surprise for you." I say really nervous about what I am doing. "What?!" She says in confusion. "Come on. It is waiting for us outside." I say as we walk outside. God please make this easy.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! It is SHAWN FREAKING MENDES!" She screams with happiness. She reminds me of those girls that he used to meet on tour when I was with him. Those girls that are obsessed with him but he is actually obsessed with...me. She jumps on him with her arms all around his neck. His hands are all around her waist. He smiles at me. I smile back eventually. I mean my two favorite persons are standing her and hugging with a lot of happiness. Yeah... Shawn is one of my favorite persons. "I can't believe it! Mom you brought me Shawn Mendes himself." She says as she hugs me tightly. I hug her back maybe bringing Shawn with me was a good idea after all.

"So you're going to have dinner with us, right?" She says smiling. We are in the car. She is sitting in the backseat. I am sitting next to Shawn in the front. "Do you want me to have dinner with?" He asks with a smirk. Ugh! He really knows how to tease me. "Of course! Duh! Isn't that obvious?!" She say as she points to her hoodie. "Where did you get this?" He says as he looks at her in the mirror. "Mom, got it to me on my 16th birthday." She say as she looks at me. He looks at me with a wink that thankfully Tina haven't seen. We arrive at my apartment. Shawn gets Tina's bags inside. Tina puts on some music. It is Shawn's music. She and Shawn start to dance and sing and laugh. They are happy. I watch them as I cook dinner. We all sit to the table to have dinner. I cooked some Mac and Cheese with fried chicken. It is actually Tina's favorite. "Mmmm. That is good as hell." Shawn says as he chews his food. I smile at him. "So, how did you mange to get Shawn with you mom?" Tina asks curiously. Oh god. I can't tell her that I used to work for him then he slept with me and then I left him. Then, I married her father and she met Shawn once when she was a kid then Shawn vanished from my life to reappear again now. Oh hell no! "Actually me and your mother are old friends." Shawn says. I choke on my food. They both look at me. "Are you okay, Toni?" He asks. I nod slowly. "That is so freaking awesome. My mother and Shawn Mendes are friends! My life is amazing!" She says with a smile. "Yeah and I met you when you were still a kid." He says as he looks at me. "NO SHIT?!" She says with excitement. "Watch your language, Tina." I say rolling my eyes. Shawn smirks at me. He is adorable and an asshole at the same time. An adorable asshole.