Chapter 4

•••••••kindly put on your playlist ••••••••••••
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I can't stop admitting to myself that I miss Shawn. I miss the way we used to feel toward each other. I miss that love that I felt with him. That love that I didn't feel with Evan. I guess I just married him to heal my broken heart but guess what, it took away a part from it. Tina. My only daughter. She is really a part of my heart. We are at Shawn's house. It really did change that much from the last time I was here. He just changed a bit in the furniture places and stuff like that. "Mmm. That smells good." I say smiling. Shawn is cooking us some breakfast. "You think?" He says as he places a plate in front of me. It has a slice of toast with some eggs on it, another slice with peanut butter and jelly. "And there you go the coffee." He says as he places a mug of coffee next to all of this. Oh marry me already! "Thank you, Shawn. I really needed a breakfast like this." I say as I take my first bite from the egg's sandwich. "I am glad that you're happy." He says as he smiles. "Stop flirting with me you bad boy!" I say laughing lightly. "What?! You're single now! I have the right to flirt!" He says smiling that sweet adorable smile of his. Oh god! Stop being so cute! "You know I never stopped loving you, Toni. I have always wanted you to be happy." He says as he holds my hands between his. I look at the ground feeling the heat as it rush through my whole body. He looks at me waiting for an answer. "Shawn. You know that we can't do this again. I gave you a reason years ago. I hope you understand." I say as I move my hands away from his hands. He looks at the ground in pain. I really don't want to break his heart. But I guess I broke it already that day from years ago. When I left him after he told me that he is obsessed with me. Maybe I made a mistake that day.

"So here it is. If you needed anything, you know I can help." He says. His voice is deep and serious. Ugh! I hate that voice! "Yeah. Wanna come upstairs?" I ask trying to break the ice. "Nah. I am good. I have some work to do. See ya." He says then disappears from my sight. I go upstairs trying to not lose my mind. I mean a part of me loves Shawn so much. But.. another part thinks it is not the right thing to do. This shit is not good. Man even when you're  an adult , you have to deal with that love shit. Or maybe because Shawn is obsessed with me.

I go to find a job the next day. I find one in a Gallery. I am actually glad to find this job. To actually work with something I love. This reminds me of how I used to see Shawn so happy with his work. He is doing what he loves.
I start working from day one. The gallery isn't so far from Lucy's place. It is so close to his house. His house is like two blocks away. There is a lady that is 30 years old. She is my partner. Her name is Carla Flynn. She is married with two sons. One named Jack and the other is named Marcus. Marcus is Tina's age and Jack is younger than them. I wish Tina is here. I wish I could show her to Carla.

"I think you should start your own career, Toni." Carla says as she cleans the painting. "I guess you're right. I just need the money." I say as I clean our work place. "You're still young, Toni. You should find someone else. Make yourself happy." She says. Sometimes I think about doing this. But Tina always comes to my mind. I don't want her to see me like I once saw my mother marry another man. I don't wanna hurt her. "Yeah, maybe." I mumble as I walk to some paintings to clean them.

Today is the start of the third month of me working in the gallery and not seeing Shawn. He needs space. Specially after last time. I bought a new apartment near the work, only one block away. I am moving in today after work. All my stuff are already there. "Bye Carla. Have a happy weekend." I say as I leave the gallery. The cold breeze makes my hair fly behind my neck. His jeep is parked there. He is standing by it looking at the ground. I try to walk as fast as I can before he looks up. But, I am too late. "Toni!" He calls me. I turn back and walk to his direction with a deep breath. "Hey." I say with a nervous smile. "Hi. How are you? How is your new job?" He asks smiling. How the hell did you know? You haven't been talking to me for 2 freaking months?! "I am good. It is okay." I say as I slip my hands into my coat pockets. "Mind if I give you a ride?" He asks with those puppy eyes of his. Ugh! You're so cute! "Not at all." I say as my arms struggle. I get in to his jeep. "Hey. The house is only one block away okay?" I say nervously. "Oh. You got a new house?" He asks. "Apartment." I say correcting his little mistake with a smile. "Okay. We are neighbors then. You really can't stay away from me." He says with a smirk. I hit him his arm. "Ouch! I am driving!" He says laughing lightly. I have a feeling that me and Shawn might have a chance. A second chance. A chance that might change my whole life.