Chapter 2

•••••kindly put on your playlist •••••••••••••••
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I just think a lot about Shawn now. I mean it has been a while since I last saw him. I really do miss him. I just can't love him..again.

"So? What is up with you and Evan?!" Lucy says. "I really want another baby he just never wanted one. Why?!" I say starting to feel a bit annoyed. I just sometimes I feel like I thought too fast about me and Evan. He wanted everything very fast. I mean our relationship just lasted for 5 months. Not enough for him to ask me for marriage. But, foolish me... I agreed. "Look just don't think about it a lot, Toni. For the sake of Tina." Lucy says sounding dramatic. I mean I really never wanted for Tina to experience anything I experienced. Like living on my own with divorced parents. I never wanted her to hate me like I once hated my mother. "I will think about it, Lucy. I promise." I say. "Okay, honey. I will go out. I will take Tina with me, okay?" She asks as she is going out of the room. "Okay. Just don't let her drink!" I say sighing. "Leave the girl alone, Toni!" I can hear her say. I laugh lightly. I can hear the door of the apartment close as they go out. I never stopped drawing. I always draw just when I am alone. I told Evan once that I stopped but it was a lie. I decide to take my sketch and pencils and go out.

Toronto's weather was always my favorite weather. It was not too hot not too cold. Just like in Fall. Which was my favorite season. I am wearing a pair of black jeans and a silk purple blouse with a black coat and a white scarf, along with my black boots. I let my hair lose. Since I got married I cut my hair to my neck and dyed it again with purple this time just from the tips. I find a café and sit on a table that was outside. "What should I get you madam?" The waiter says smiling. "One coffee. Please." I say smiling as well. I look into my phone. "Make them two, please." I hear his voice. That deep and calming voice. I look up at him. He is smiling that cute smile of his. He is wearing a black coat on the top of his typical black jeans and boots and a blue shirt. The waiter goes inside to get us our order. He sits on the chair that is in front of me. "Look at you!" I say smiling. "Yeah. You too. God! You became so beautiful, Toni." He says which makes me blush. "Watch yourself, Mendes! I am a married woman." I say looking away trying to hide my smile. "Oh Come on!" He says in his sweet voice. Stop it, Toni! I can't do this! The waiter comes with our coffee. "So, how is Tina?" He asks as he takes a sip from his coffee. He still remembers her. If he only knows how much she loves him now. "She is okay. She is 15 now." I say. "Wow! 10 years, huh?" He says as he gets back in his chair. 2 minutes pass as we drink. The silence was stretching between us. "Do you love him? Your husband?" He says as he breaks the silence. I want to say no. But, if Shawn still has any feelings for me. It might make him think that I am available. I really don't wanna this to happen. "Of course that is why I married him." I lie. I have been lying a lot lately. To everybody. To Evan, Tina, Lucy and even myself. Wish I could stop. "So? How is your life going?" I ask him. "You know.The typical life of a famous singer." He says. I can sense in his tone that he isn't happy. I remember that day when I told him that I had to let him go. He said that the only thing he wanted then was a normal life...with me. "Yeah. Any relationships?" I say. He smiles softly. "Nah. Still single." He says which makes me smile at his way of talking. We talk about other random stuff for like two hours. He told me that  Aaliyah is engaged. I really miss her though. "You know I am going on tour next month." He says. "Good luck, then. And try not to fall in love with girl that is going to help you." I say smirking. "I didn't tell you. Andrew stopped getting anyone after you left. I asked him to." He says. "Why did you do it?" I ask him with confusion. "Cause I couldn't bare seeing any other girl take your place." He says as he smiles at me. This cheesy smile of his. Man! How can someone be this cute! At this moment, my phone rings. His name appears on my phone screen. "One second." I say as I pick up. "Hey." I hear his voice from the other line. "Yes, Evan." I say not so happy to hear his voice. "I wanna talk to Tina." He says. "Tina went out with Lucy." I say. You could have just called her! "Fine! Where are you?" He asks. "I am drinking coffee." I say full of frustration. "Okay.  I am coming to Toronto tomorrow. We are going to get divorced." He says which makes me gasp for air. "Are you okay?" Shawn says worried. "Good bye." Evan says ending our call. I am getting divorced. Tina? Oh god! What am I going to tell her? "Toni? Is everything alright?" Shawn says as he puts his fingers between fine. "I...I am.. getting divorced tomorrow." I say as the tears begin to fill up my eyes. Not because Evan was leaving me. But because I knew he would take Tina away from me. My only daughter. "Toni. I am so sorry. It must been because of me." He says. "No. It is not you, Shawn. It's me and Evan. We have been fighting a lot lately." I say as a tear escape my eye landing on my cheek. He looks at me with his hazel eyes. I can feel his fingertip on my cheek pressing away that tear and all the others that will come after her.