Chapter 21

Grayson's P.O.V

Two hours into the flight, we're in Colorado.

Glancing back and forth between my phone, and looking at Madalynn sleeping on my shoulder.

I look over to Ethan. He's passed out. His head is tilted back, mouth open, and slobber coming out of the corner of his mouth.

I look out the window to see the sun rise and clouds.

6 hours left with the flight. There's nothing else to do, so I might as well go to sleep.

I lie my head on top of Madalynn's, close my eyes, and instantly fall asleep.

———————

Madalynn's P.O.V

I wake up from my nap and feel Grayson's head on mine. I look at my phone, and it's 11:40. I glance up at the screen in front of me.

We're in Indiana. 1 hour and 7 minutes left.

I raise my head up gently, trying not to wake Grayson. He moves his head, then tilts it straight up, still sleeping.

His phone goes off with a Snapchat.

"Jack Man."

I look over to Ethan. He's still asleep.

I grab Grayson's phone, type in his password until it says incorrect. I try retyping it in, wrong.

He changed his password.

I ignore it, and grab my phone.

I Snapchat Sophia.

I take a picture of Grayson sleeping, and caption it with "have fun in Hawaii. When you get back, we gotta chill. I miss being close to you." And send it.

Sophia and I kinda fell off because of my relationship with Grayson. Same with Lynzie.

I never get to spend time with my friends now, and I feel bad.

Opened.

She left me on open.

I Snapchat Lynzie. I know she'll talk to me.

And I was right.

We talked about the trip so far, what she's gonna do during fall break, what we're gonna do while we're in New York, and my relationship with Grayson.

I didn't realize I talked to her for long, until the flight attendant came over.

"We are preparing to land." I pause my music, and I wake Grayson up.

"Baby. Baby." I run my thumb over his forehead.

"Hmm." He opens his eyes.

"We're about to land. Wake up." I look over to Ethan.

I shake his arm repeatedly.

He wakes up, and takes his earbuds out.

"What?" He rubs his eyes.

"We're about to land." I unplug my earbuds from my phone and put them in my pocket.

I have a snap from Lynzie.

"Ha. When you get back, we need to hang. I miss my bestfriend."

I smile. I wonder why Sophia didn't wanna talk to me, but I'm glad Lynzie did.

"Most definitely. I gotta go. We're about to land. Byeee. Love ya!"

Grayson grabs my hand. "Hold on. Landing is the worst."