Chapter 27

Madalynn's P.O.V

I wake myself up by rolling over and feeling an empty bed.

I open my eyes and look around, seeing the sun shining through.

I rub my eyes and look over to my nightstand, but see a note on my nightstand by my phone.

I pick it up and read it.

Hey Mads. If you wake up before I'm back, I'm gone to do some stuff like grocery shopping and to get some extras. I love you and good morning.

The note causes me to smile.

I place it back down and grab my phone- looking at the time to see it's 12:21.

I get out of bed and put my Nike hoodie on and my black Adidas sweats on.

I go to the bathroom to do my morning routine, then head downstairs to see Ethan in the kitchen.

I tiptoe down the rest of the stairs, and go up behind him to scare him.

"Rahhh!" I jerk his shoulders and he jumps and turns around quick.

"Asshole." He takes a sip of his water while shaking his head, meanwhile, I'm dying of laughter.

"Where's Gray? He's been gone for like 4 hours." Ethan scrunched his eyebrows together and takes another sip of his water.

I put a confused look on my face.

"He left me a note." I put my hair into a messy bun. "He said he was going grocery shopping and to get some extra stuff." I shrug.

"Let me call him." Ethan pulls his phone from his pocket and calls him- putting it on speaker.

"Sorry I couldn't answer your call. Leave me a voicemail and I might call back later."

Ethan calls again.

Voicemail again. I look up to Ethan and he has a puzzled look on his face.

"Probably busy shopping and not paying attention to his phone." I look at Ethan, giving him a serious look.

"Even though he's been gone for 4 hours." Ethan texts him.

Grayson texts back instantly.

"I'm good bro, be home in like 30."

Ethan looks up to me. I nod my head.

"Well, at least we know he's ok." Ethan remarks.

"True." I agree with Ethan.

"Well, I'm going back up to my room. You can chill with me if you want. I'm gonna clean my room." I go back upstairs and Ethan follows me.

He sits down on my bed and looks at me.

"Can I play Fortnite?" He grabs the controller and waves it around.

"I don't care." I take the controller from his hands and sign in.

I give him the controller back and he starts playing, meanwhile, I grab my phone and connect to my Bluetooth speaker to play music.

I start grabbing the dirty clothes and put them in my basket.

I take the clothes to the washing machine and put them in there and go back to my room.

I finish cleaning by picking up random garbage and vacuuming.

I get done and pause my music and sit on the bed- watching Ethan play Fortnite.

"You're trash as fuck." I mess with him because he died.