Chapter 25

Grayson's P.O.V

It's 3 in the morning. I have Madalynn laying right beside me with her arm thrown over me - mouth slightly open.

I've been up and down most of the night - making sure her dad doesn't show up.

Gosh, I really hope her dad doesn't show up.

I let my head lay on the pillow and just let my mind wander.

What would happen if her dad showed up?
If he shows up, what do we do?
Madalynn really does love me...

I shake everything off and try to go to sleep.

———————

Madalynn's P.O.V

I wake up and instantly sit up - catching my breath.

I hate bad dreams. Especially ones that can come true.

I look next to me to see a sleeping Grayson.

I feel like complete shit, and only one thing can fix that - a bath.

So that's what I decide to do.

I grab a pair of panties and one of my bath bombs.

I go to the bathroom and run the water.

I look in the mirror, looking at my face.

I look terrible.

I throw my hair in a messy bun, undress, and get in the bath.

Within a few minutes, I hear the door open revealing Grayson.

"Hi honey." I tilt my head to him, giving him a smile.

He smiles back, tilting his eyebrows at me.

"Hello baby." He comes in, closes the door and sits on the floor by the bathtub.

"Do you have any clue of what time it is?" He puts his hand in the water and pours some on my shoulder.

"No I do not." I grab his hand as he goes for more water to pour on my shoulder.

"Baby, it's 6:52 in the morning." He puts his hand on my shoulder, tracing his fingers back and forth.

I look at him and shrug.

He shakes his head. "Stubborn ass." He smiles.

I giggle and hold his hand.

"How did you sleep?" He looks me in the eyes.

I frown. "I slept good until I had that dream." I play with the water.

"What was your dream? I can tell it's bothering you." He grabs my hand tighter.

"Dad showed up." I take a breath. "And he came in the house looking for me and he got me and took me with him." I look at Grayson.

"He took me with him to the middle of nowhere except there was only a house hiding behind trees in the middle of nowhere." He pours water down my back and the front of my body.

"It's okay baby. I'm not gonna let that happen. I stayed up most of the night making sure he didn't come." He continues pouring water on my body.

I grab his arm and rest my head on it.

"Thank you baby." A tear escapes my eye.

Realizing he cares that much makes me happy. Knowing that he's gonna protect me and be here for me makes me grateful.