Chapter 28: Same Old Love

''Mal! Mal! Wake up!'' Out of sudden, everything vanished around Mal, leaving her in the middle of a space. Her dress, her throne, and her thoughts disappeared when she found herself in a white room with a familiar scent and sound of beeps. Mal's eyes petal opened slowly, blinking for a few times before her eyes received a strong ray of the light and covered her eyes with a hand.

''Mal...Mal....'' Her gaze shot at a hazel haired guy sitting beside her, holding her hand with the warmth of his touch, looking worried.

'' Ben...''Mal called out, flashing a weak smile.

''Are you okay? Do you still feel dizzy? Does your head hurt? I can call the nurses.'' Ben examined me making me stopped him by grabbing his neck, pulling him closer.

''Ben, don't act like this. I'm fine. I love it how you turn upside down when something happened to me.''

He faced me with a sweet smile. ''I am so relieved you are okay. I can't sleep last night thinking of your condition the whole time.''

''Last night? What do you mean?'' Mal furrowed.

''Oh, you collapsed yesterday when Harry made trouble at my office. You were unconscious for a day that's what give worry to everyone. We kept replacing shift to look after you.''

''Oh, Jesus...That must be tiring. Talking about Harry, what happened to him yesterday?''

Ben rolled his eyes, feeling hard to talk about the person he hates. ''I don't want to talk about him right now.''

''Ben. Please. For me.''Mal begged, caressing his cheeks.

''Okay.''He whimpered. ''We released him under your command on letting him go. Anyway, what was that for? It was out of my expectation.''Ben replied.

Mal let out a small sigh, looking down at her hands. ''I don't know. I feel like not punishing anyone because of my problem. I don't want people to think I'm selfish. I don't want Harry to tell this to the people in the isle. They will only see more cons of Auradon than its pros. You understand what I'm talking about, right?" Mal looked into Ben's eyes with full of emotions.

''Yes, of course. I just hope what you decided always make you happy. I want the best for you.'' Ben pampered her hair then traveled down to her chin.

He was about to kiss her but got disturbed when knocks knocked on the door. ''Mal.Mal''

It was enough.

Mal recognized that voice so much. She could guess it with only one word. They froze, looking at each other where Ben muttered under his breath.''That bastard again.''Ben turned his way to the door but paused when Mal called.''Ben. Just let him in. I'll talk to him. Don't worry. I got this. Trust me.''

Ben whimpered once again before opening the door, revealing a tough figure in front of him. Harry stopped knocking, embracing the look of Ben's fierce face. Cold and serious. Harry kept his face straight. ''I need to see Mal. I want to talk to her. Just give me my last chance before you expel me from Auradon.''

''I will. But don't waste it. I'll be watching you from outside.'' Ben pointed his finger straight into Harry's eyes but Harry pushed it away as Ben walked pass him. Harry walked into the ward and slower his walk toward Mal.

''Mal...-''

''I'm sorry. I get it. You don't have to say that a million times. It doesn't worth your efforts.''Mal rolled her eyes, saying with sarcasm.

''Mal, I really mean it.''

''So, before this, you weren't meaning your apologies, am I right?''

''That's not what I meant. Would you please listen to my explanation first?''

''Why would I do that? So, you can steal back this 'loveless' heart you've dumped before? The heart that is priceless and despicable?''

''I am explaining about that. The mistakes you've been blaming on me all this time.'' Harry convinced but failed. This won't change Mal's mind.

''Harry, if you think I'm the cause of every mistake, then fine. Blame me. But I don't like it when you brought that behaviour here in Auradon. Auradon is not a place such as the isle, Harry. You need to change yourself 180 degrees of who you are before. That what will work here. I'm giving you a chance here even though I don't believe in third or fourth chances. Fully utilise it.'' 

''Mal, please hear what I'm going to say. I-''

''Enough. I'm done with you. You've done with me. Everyone is done with our dramas. Now, it's time for you to leave. Thank you for coming visiting me. Just act like this conversation never exist and you can go live your life.''

''Mal, but...''

''BEN! I'm done!''Mal shouted for Ben as he came inside and spoke.

''Leave Harry. Go back to your class and don't worry about Mal. She found a better person to take care of her.'' Ben pointed outside the ward and Harry ambled with frustration, leaving the room with a heavy heart.

Mal's tears came running down.

...................................................................................................................................................

Hope you are enjoying so far. I'll be back with some fascinating scene. Goodbye....