Chapter 29: Thoughts

Ben slammed the door hard, looking at Mal full of tears with curiosity came flooding his mind. He took a seat by her, asking with concern.

''Now, what did he do again? What did he say to you? Threatened words again? That guy is not tired yet. He will never stop until you say yes.'' Ben scratched the front of his head, signalling his frustration.

''No, he didn't ask anything. He just wants to explain the same thing he was trying to tell me the whole time. That he wasn't the one who cheated on me. My ears tend to cover themselves hearing his talk. I'm tired and restless of this endless drama. What should I do to end this?'' Mal swept her tears under her eyes and rested her hand on Ben's.

''Hmmm...'' Ben mused, holding his chin. ''Unless...we get rid of him. Forbid him from coming to meet you. Then, I promise you, you won't recognize him anymore. Do you want me to do that? I can ask Lumiere to do it straight away.'' Ben convinced Mal and kept Mal's hand in his grip, kissing it for a few times.

''I, don't know. I think it's too cruel for me to do that. I mean, I'm human, you're human and HE'S human. We have feelings, Ben. I didn't bother to take that obvious action just because of selfish me. I'm trying to be what people want me to be. Nice, graceful, ladylike, generous. YOU want me to be like that too, right? Give me some time and I'll figure it out.'' Mal gazed her eyes away from Ben.

Ben sighed as a give up. ''Okay. I'll get some food for you down at the cafe. I'm hungry. What do you want for lunch?'' Ben stood up, adjusting her blue coat and combed his hair from a comb in his pocket.

''I'll have anything. I need a time alone. I'll call you when I'm getting better.''

Ben gave a few nods and smiled, kissing her forehead with full of loves.''Bye.''

''Bye.''

.........................................................................................................................................................

It's late afternoon and Mal still doesn't feel like being with Ben yet. She was still thinking about the decision she needs to make. Which make it more complicated. What she was doing while Ben is away was staring outside the window, playing with her fingers, roaming her eyes around the world and sighing for a few times. She attempted to figure about it but she doesn't know the way to make one. She brought her knees to her chest, embracing it with emotions. She doesn't know whether to cry or mad or happy or laugh or to ignore everything that messed her mind up. 

Ting!

A message popped out at the screen of her phone. She glanced over her shoulder to peek on the messager.

Carlos De Ville

She laid her legs to the front, grabbing her phone immediately. She tapped on the message and read.

Good morning, Mal. How are ya doing? I was so worried about you after the incident. I hope you're not in pain and getting better because when you're discharged, we will be there with you. Just text us if you need or want anything. Get well soon, sis.

She smiled, biting her nails with an aww face. That's why she loved The Vk's. No matter what, where, when and who needed them, they will hold each other's back. Mal tapped on the reply button and typed.

Hi, good morning. Phew, I'm doing great! Thank you for asking. Tell the others I missed them and I will be discharged from this dreadful hospital in no time. I love youuuuu xoxo.

She sent the text and kept it on the table beside then tend to have a rest by laying back at the bed. She relieved and blew her purple strand out of her sight. Her arms folded on her stomach, looking at the ceiling.

Tired.

That's the word she was trying to tell to herself but her thoughts keep distracting her. She might a rest after a big day while she can.

Before she managed to close her soft eyes, a phone call rang, causing her to groan and sat down for another time. She glared at her phone by the bed and grabbed it harshly. It was Evie who's calling. Without a second thought, she clicked on the 'Accept' button and placed the phone on her ear.

''Hey, Evie. What's wrong? I just wan-'' Mal greeted but got cut by the sound of a woman panting for breath. ''Evie...''

''Mal, you have to hurry. Harry...Harry...''Evie panted harder, out of breath in a critical condition. 

''Why, Evie? What happened to Harry. Tell me!'' Mal sat straight, insisting in the chaotic situation, trying to get the answer.

 ''Harry...got into an accident!'' Evie inserted a shocked tone at the end and Mal gasped. ''WHAT?!''

.................................................................................................................................................

That's all for today. I love you guys so much. I'm going to tell you what happened to Harry.