Chapter 11

As it turned out, Travis had more patience than I gave him credit for. We were down the hall from where Josh was being held and he still refused to let me do this by myself.

"What if I update you on what happens after?"

"No," Travis said. "I'll update you."

"There won't be anything to update because he's not going to talk to you! You're going to scare him into silence," I argued.

Travis only shrugged. "I think I can make him talk."

"You're not going to shoot him."

He gave me a look. "Did I say shoot?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, I wasn't stupid. Travis sighed.

"Why does it even matter?" I asked.

Travis spoke to me like I was a child then, "Because he's in the Casey house. It's my job."

Okay, so maybe that was true.

"Then send Ben or Finn in. You personally don't have to go in," I said, poking him for emphasis. "You could blow your entire cover and make things ten times worse. I'm trying to help you here."

He grabbed my finger with one hand, lowering it away from him.

"No."

I huffed and went to his bedroom where my things were. I placed the now cold tea down on the top of the dresser and grabbed my old purse out from the drawer that I had seen earlier.

"Make yourself at home," Travis said, raising an eyebrow as he leaned against the doorframe.

"It's mine," I defended but I had a feeling he meant the fact that I knew exactly where it was. He knew I'd gone snooping earlier.

I grabbed my clothes I came in originally and wrapped them loosely around the camera before shoving them into my purse. I couldn't just waltz into the hotel with a camera in plain view.

Glad to have my hands free, I ran them threw my hair as I thought. Travis stayed perched where he was.

"How about I go in for five minutes and talk to him alone and then you can come in?" I offered because he seemed to be saying no to anything else I offered when I was just trying to keep him from getting arrested.

"I get to talk to him when I come in," he countered.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You want to speak to him? He's going to hear your voice."

Travis scoffed. "He doesn't know what Travis Miller sounds like."

I didn't think this was a good idea but I also didn't think him going in alone to talk to Josh was a good idea. At least this way, I got to talk to Josh and I would be able to make sure Travis didn't shoot him.

"You're going to get arrested," I said, walking out of the bedroom.

Travis trailed after me. "Will you be putting the cuffs on?" he asked.

I turned to look at him and he only winked. I stopped outside of the room they had Josh in and Travis gave me a cheesy smile before continuing down the hall. I waited until he was far enough away before entering the room.

Josh was lying on the bed staring at the ceiling. As soon as the door opened, he jumped to stand up, on high alert.

However, he relaxed when he saw that it was just me. Meanwhile, I was freaking out in my head while I tried to figure out how I was going to go over this with him. There didn't seem to be an easy way to ask him not to say anything without making it look like I was with the Casey's.