Chapter 26

We wandered from artist to artist, looking over everything that was on display. I didn't buy anything. It seemed pointless since the Caseys never really had one place for too long and there was the fact that I hadn't brought any money.

We were near the end of the booths where there was one tent with gothic metal sculptures the artist made and for once, it was Travis leading me around the tent and marvelling at everything.

He picked up a few items and examined them, before holding them out to me to see.

"No way," he said like he couldn't believe his eyes. He was practically in a trance as he walked to the table opposite him, hand outstretched to pick one of the items up.

When he turned towards me, he had a long cane in his hand.

"What do you think?" he asked extravagantly as he crossed one foot over the other and leaned on the black cane.

"I think you don't need a cane," I answered, walking closer to him.

He handed me his back of half-eaten cotton candy. "Not for me."

Travis took a few steps back from me and raised the cane in his hands a few times like he was trying g to weigh it. Then with both hands on the end of it, he held it like a baseball bat and slowly hit at the air in front for him.

"For Cam," he said, switching his stance as he swung with precision at the air from the other side of his body, like he was left handed.

"Isn't his leg going to heal?" I asked.

Travis shrugged and pulled his phone out from his pocket, handing it to me. He held the cane out, with both hands on either end like he was presenting it to me.

"Take a picture," he said.

I stared at him. "With what?"

"My phone, duh."

My finger hovered over the camera app on his phone. "I thought you said we weren't supposed to take pictures," I said quietly so no one else could hear. When he had given me my phone, he ranted off a long list of everything I couldn't do and taking pictures was definitely on that.

"No," Travis explained, nudging the cane closer to me as if trying to tell me to do it already. "I said you couldn't take pictures."

That was when my frustration started.

"Are you serious?" I hissed.

"Yes," Travis said easily. "Take the picture. It's fine."

I huffed because he seemed oblivious to why I was mad so I took the picture to get it over with. He placed the cane back down and we walked out of the booth with my lips in a tight line. Once we were far enough away from everyone, I spoke up.

"What do you mean it's fine?" I asked. "Why couldn't I have taken pictures? I kept you a secret. You're the one that outed yourself."

I didn't actually have anything I wanted to take a picture of but it was the fact that he'd stressed it so much. Did he really not trust me? I wasn't dumb enough to take pictures of him or myself or accidentally send them to the whole team. If anyone would've done something like that, it would've been Mr. Left-My-Ringer-On-Josh.

Travis looked at me with a bored expression as we began walking toward the exit. "And what if Dylan got hold of your phone by accident?"

I kept my mouth shut because I'd forgotten about that.

"Everyone else has somewhat similar rules in case they lose their phone, okay? I mean sometimes they take pictures and send them to me but it's nothing with their face and only if I need to see something," he rambled as we squeezed between people.