Chapter 24

The beautiful Lacey/Travis moodboard above is all thanks to venilegiamavi and there's a bunch more on my tumblr <3__________________________

__________________________

Scully laughed because he apparently wanted to test my patience.

"I told him the truth," he said when he calmed down.

"About what?"

He shrugged. "Operations, where they pick up shipments, where they frequent... Or at least, used to. Not sure if any of it changed."

I clenched my teeth together as he spoke, trying to stay calm and I wondered how Cameron did it so well, how he always looked collected.

Carlos shifted in his seat and I wondered if anything was the same as before Scully got locked up. I didn't ask Carlos though, not with Scully and Josh here.

"I told him to see whose name the house was under, that'll lead him to someone important. Was it under your name? Oh that's even smarter then, sending you undercover. Who'd suspect you?"

I narrowed my eyes, "How do you know about that?"

"We taught Cameron how to operate, honey," he said, looking pleased with himself. "The Caseys have been around for decades, that's not by chance. That's by knowing what works."

The house didn't matter, Dylan already know the house was in Hannah's name. She just had to stay out of harm's way now.

"What else?" I prodded.

"Told him what Jay looked like, that Finn has a rather explosive temper," he paused, thinking, "And that if he wanted to get to either of them, find my Bethie."

"What's wrong with you?" I spat out.

Carlos put a hand on my shoulder and pulled me back. I hadn't realized I was leaning forward so much.

This only caused Scully's eyes to drift to Carlos.

"You don't look like much of a fighter."

Carlos stared hard at Scully.

"What's your name?" Scully asked, tilting his head to the side as he looked at Carlos like he was trying to work out an equation.

"Miller?" he continued but there was a hopeful ring in his voice, like he wanted to meet Travis. Scully eyed the jackets we were both wearing. It was obvious my jacket wasn't mine. Heck, it was obvious the leather jacket I wore wasn't mine. But it looked like it fit Carlos and I wondered if Scully remembered me wearing the leather jacket last time instead of Carlos now.

"Maybe you had someone else's attention," Scully now looked at me. He opened his mouth to talk but Carlos cut him off.

"Mr. Taylor," Carlos began.