Chapter 22

Lacey.

Over the next few days, I was asked to stay home. I didn't mind so much because a lot of the others stayed home, too so it wasn't like I was excluded for once.

Annabeth took me shopping and I was able to get some clothes. Hannah started taking small shifts at the hospital again and apparently, hadn't been bothered by the cops yet. Cameron was even walking around on his crutches when Travis wasn't stealing them to play with.

I was told that the Dacostas wouldn't be a problem at the moment, so I didn't need to worry. According to the guys, their plan to get their supplier on the Dacostas to draw their attention had worked. They hadn't told me who their supplier was but if they were annoying the Dacostas and not shooting at Travis, that was enough for me right now. Their supplier thought that the Dacostas were angry at the Caseys and as a result, taking to trying to destroy their supplies. But the drugs that the supplier was bringing in weren't technically Casey property so the supplier was not happy with this little feud hurting them now.

But even though the Dacostas were distracted, that still left the problem of the cops. And the warrant for Travis. Earlier in the day, I wondered how many other warrants and for who were issued but Travis told me to stop worrying.

Right now, I was sitting in the middle of the couch watching an action movie. Travis was on my left and our arms were leaning against each other. I liked any excuse to touch him. Ben was to the right of me, leaning against the armrest of the couch.

Cameron was in the kitchen sitting on a stool. His condition had improved a lot. He was back to a regular sleeping schedule, from what I could tell. Currently, he was bossing Finn around who was in the kitchen attempting to cook since Cameron didn't want to stand up for that long himself. Every once in awhile, he would correct Finn and with the strain in his voice, I figured it was only a matter of time before he got up and did it himself. I wondered how he was able to give up some of the control of the gang without going crazy by now.

Hannah was currently at work and Annabeth was reading in her room, under the excuse of she'd been around dumbasses too long and had to reset.

It was a strangely normal afternoon. And not normal by their standards which meant something more along the lines of 'I'm not bleeding much', it was normal by most people's. If I thought really hard about it, I could imagine every day being like this, like we were all college roommates and this was a typical afternoon.

"Dumb," Travis muttered, still looking at the screen.

"What is?" I pulled my legs up on the couch and my knees pressed against the side of Travis' leg.

Instead of answering, he just shook his head and slouched down on the couch.

It was Ben that spoke up, "His gun doesn't have that many bullets in it. He'd have to reload."

I rolled my eyes. "It's a movie, just enjoy it."

Ben scrunched up his face and I heard Travis groan.

"It should be realistic," Ben countered.

They quieted down after that, getting back into the movie. That is, until the main character finally ran out of bullets at the same time the antagonist rounded on him, mentioning that he had one bullet left he planned to put between the main character's eyes.

"Of fucking course," Travis shot his hands out towards the television. "What bullshit. Maybe if you stopped to reload your gun thirteen shots ago..."

Ben chuckled.

We continued to watch until the end and what I hadn't expected was for Travis to wordlessly get up and put the second movie in. Ben didn't even protest.