Chapter 40

**Will there be a new another part out tomorrow (Saturday/after I sleep)? YES!! Very quick question: Who would you be interested in reading the backstory (prequel) about more?  Comment on your choice(s)!

CAMERON

FINN

ANNABETH

BEN/TRAVIS (They're a package deal, let's be real)

I hope you like this chapter, it's a little shorter than usual but like I said, another one is on the way after I get some sleep, which is why!**
__________________________

Travis.

When we got home, it was torture.

Everyone went to the living room. Hannah went to Cam's room and I watched her with envy. I'd never wanted her life more than this moment.

"Can we do this later?" I blurted out as we stood in the living room, my hand on Lacey's back under her jacket.

She leaned back against my hand and my fingers ran against the fabric of her shirt.

"You don't have to be here," Cam said for the millionth time.

I groaned as everyone went to sit down, including Lacey. I moved behind her and sat on the couch, pulling her onto my lap because I was going to go insane if she sat too far away from me right now. I'd calmed down and gotten the anger out of my system on the way home. Thinking about Lacey took care of that really quickly. But thinking of Lacey caused other things to become more pressing. Like the absolute fucking need to kiss her.

I clenched my jaw and wrapped my hands around her waist.

Cameron rolled his eyes at me, making a point that I saw and I gave him the finger. I wasn't sure if he saw that or not because I didn't move my hands from Lacey's waist but he could suck a dick.

She was angled diagonally on me, with her side and her back pressing against me. I leaned my head down against the back of her shoulder and closed my eyes, letting my head rise and fall with her shoulders as she breathed. I was so close to her neck I could practically taste it.

They all started talking but I was too busy picturing Lacey underneath me on my bed, her hair spread out around her. My hands wanted to roam her body, take off her clothes, make her forget both our names.

I felt her say something, but couldn't repeat what she said if I was paid to do it. She turned around slightly, angling her back so she could try to look at me but I kept my head on her shoulder and my eyes shut, willing to hold onto the daydream.

"Right, Travis?" Real Lacey asked.

"Mhm," I said.

That must've been the right answer because she leaned back into me and they kept talking again.

I wanted to tell her to leave. I was so close to her ear. I could whisper it right now. But others were close to us. I didn't think it would go unnoticed and that would be like a giant neon sign over our fucking heads about my intentions, which I doubted Lacey would be okay with. Maybe if I thought it hard enough, she would sense it.

No, she had to know. She was sitting on my lap. There was no way she couldn't feel the hardon that was screaming at my intentions right now. She had to know right? Was she ignoring me? Or had she just not noticed? I could practically hear her saying, Travis, focus, now. I held in my sigh because I didn't want to be here.

I pushed my head up from her shoulder but refused to pay attention. Instead, I focused on her back. I snuck my hands underneath her jacket again but kept to the outside of her shirt because I didn't want her to turn around or move.