Chapter 14

Recap:

I started walking to the waiting Shinsou-kun and surveyed my surroundings, they hadn't fixed the arena at all from any of the previous fights, there was bits of burnt rock and rubble, drops of acid, chips of ice, lengths of tape, one of Hagakure's gloves, a couple of Mineta's purple sticky hair pieces, a discarded can of pure sugar with some ants surrounding it, tatters of Midoriya's hero costume, slashes where Aoyama's belt hit the ground, a bit of blood, electric scarring, Russian dolls that likely had something in them, a couple of puncture holes about the size of an earphone jack, and feet marks where Ilda boosted off of in a blast of speed.

Perfect. Many useful things but I think the ice, tape, and rubble will be the most useful.

Resume:

Elsewhere, 3rd POV:

A man stood at the top of a building in the direct center of the general hero area, he was scouting, scouting for a pawn. A pawn to use for his owl's wishes.

He spotted a new hero walking out of his internship at endeavors hero office. Perfect. He activated one of his quirks to speak into and control the young adult's mind. He directed the man to walk into one of the alleyways where a large knife could be found.

The man was instructed to pick up the knife and walk into yet another alleyway where a more accomplished hero was taking a break, the intern stopped a little bit in front of the hero was standing before walking calmly up to him before thrusting his knife-wielding hand out and roughly severing the heroes head from his shoulders.

It was jagged and crude. A terrible imitation of his owls work, but that was the point, it wasn't her but it was a statement, a message, 'Insult me, and I will use one of your own to commit atrocities, nobody is safe." The intern stood and stuffed his hand into the neck of the now dead man and used the blood to write a simple message: "Puppet".

The man was then instructed to cut his own head off which he did without thought, the scent of blood filled the alleyway and leaked out into the main streets drawing attention and a chaos once the scene was found.

Heroes and police alike ran trying to figure out how they had let something like this happen in their own territory in the middle of the day.

Detective Tsukauchi arrived and felt every kind of regret imaginable, he was the cause of this, his broadcast had led to the death of two pro heroes who both had large families back home; which of course was the puppet masters intention, what's the point of killing a hero if it only impacts society, society doesn't care for very long. But family usually does, it sticks with them forever.

This message, however, did give the detective valuable information. One: the villain did not use a rusted knife for the killings, which they had already assumed but it was good to cover all of your bases. Two the villain did not like the name beheading not like they thought they would but that was the point. Three, the villain's quirk has something to do with controlling people or puppetry because they were able to control the intern into killing the hero and writing the message likely against the man's will.

Detective Tsukauchi said all of these things out loud to his team, the puppet master was fading back to his home knowing that none of the information they thought they had gained had any significance, Noriko did not have a manipulation quirk she simply liked marionettes and people are afraid of them so she impersonated them before killing people, she liked the fear in the people's eyes, she liked the heroes dying from what they assume is an emotionless doll. No villain would like the name "beheading" it is a useless title so it didn't narrow any villains or people down. And finally the rusted knife was already common knowledge, he gave away none of her mannerisms, height, gender, catchphrases, weapons, quirk, or age. He also made sure she was in school when he did so which gave her an alibi keeping her free from suspicion.