Chapter 21

Chapter 21:

Recap:

"I'm gonna get first place!" a certain explosive Blondie screamed over the crowd, the students started yelling at him while Ilda reprimanded his actions, I just laughed and returned to the Bakusquads side waiting for the next announcement, the one that would decide the first step in the festival.

Resume:

Midnight pulled up a video on her screen, it played a several minutes long video of a famous obsticale course in america, there was many components that changed based on the venue and it is considered to be one of the most difficult courses, it is called something about america and ninja's I didn't pay attention long enough to find out more. She showed us the five components that it had and told us that we would all entering the enlarged course at the same time which made it all the more difficult if we were fighting others to use the equipment.

Midnight then opened the gate and set of an alarm signaling us to go forth into the obstacle course at the end of the tunnel. I expanded my vision so I could see the entire layout, size,and positions of people and obstacles. First was the angle run, basically just had to run along an angled wall, easy. I walked forward slowly on my crutches watching as the top hero course students run through the first step of the course, I saw a few people pass me looking skeptical, I don't blame them though I would doubt me too. I watched people struggle and saw that their center of gravity was the cause for their failure, which means I just have to be careful about that. As long as I don't mess up the with gravity, I won't even have to run which is a plus. It seems that a lot of people haven't noticed this fact yet, that gives me an advantage. I also saw a camera going over head, I look up to it and think of Gaki, Kuro, Dabi, and Toga who said they were going to watch me at home, So I smile and wave excitedly.

Stepping onto the platform i prepare myself for the change in my bodies stance. I slowly hobble onto the tilted platform and swing my crutches forward and then lean towards them to take a step. I repeat this while avoiding other competitors until I am across it.

"OUR FIRST YEAR REPRESENTATIVE HAS JUST MADE IT PAST THE FIRST TRIAL!" Present Mic's voice booms over the course.

The second event was going to be slightly more difficult. It was a jump from a trampoline onto a vertical cargo net, I stood back as people fought over rights to the trampoline and thought of how I could maneuver this with the crutches. It wouldn't be easy, but I didn't sign up for easy so I snuck past the fighting first years and positioned my hands on my crutches so that I could spin and flip easily. I stood back before spinning upside down on my crutches and slamming my feet onto the trampoline, surprising everyone who was watching as the action launched me up to the net and I flipped the crutches so they went through the netting and onto the other side before proceeding to use my upper body to climb up and over the net and then roll down it to reach my previously discarded crutches.

There was a small transition section between the net and the next obstacle, which was a set of trapeze bars, I reached my crutches up and over the top of the first bar and the back down before swinging my short legs out in front of me and over the top of the next bar until my knees could hook over them then I pulled back the crutches from over the previous one and hung from the second before bending my back heavily and reaching behind me for the third with my crutches once again and using them to hook over it, then I released my knees and fell back into the position I was in for the first bar, I repeated the steps for the rest of the bars until I released myself from the final and landed safely on the ground.

More than half of the students were still behind me but at the same time I was still roughly twenty students away from the front.

"THE LEADERS OF THE PACK ARE REACHING THE FINAL EVENT! WILL THEY MAKE IT UP THIS STEEP WALL OR WILL THEY FALL AND FAIL!" the announcement drew my attention to my quirk where I saw Blondie, Todoroki, and Midori approaching the final obstacle.

I brought my attention back to the event in front of me, it was labeled "unstable bridges", I saw people putting their hands on either side of it and the shuffling down it but that seemed stupid so I once again hooked my crutches over the top of the teetering platform and hoisted myself up onto it, where I righted myself and simply hobbled across it before making a large step and crossing onto the next one.

"NORIKO, OUR YEAR ONE REPRESENTATIVE IS JUST WALKING OVER THE UNSTABLE BRIDGES, WHAT INGENUITY! ERASERHEAD WHAT ARE YOU TEACHING THESE CHILDREN!"

"She was brilliant before she even started my class, I have nothing to do with it" I blushed slightly in embarrassment.

"YOU HEARD IT PEOPLE, ERASERHEAD IS A TERRIBLE TEACHER!"

"Hey!"

I had finally reached the last event and was roughly in 10th place, Midori was in first and then Blondie and Todoroki were after him. I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to get up this wall that was nearly seven times as tall as I was. I remembered Gaki reading me a story a while ago where the main protagonist ran up a wall by pushing off her feet down so I decided to try to do the same with my crutches in the place of her feet. So i stood there before fast paced running toward it and settling my crutches at the base and pushing of hard so that I went a fair distance and then I settled the crutches against the wall once again before repeating until I reached the top.

"NORIKO SACHIKO WAS COMPLETED THE COURSE! SHE ADVANCES TO THE NEXT ROUND!"