Chapter 28

CHAPTER 28:

Recap:

As expected Shinsou had her turn around and walk out of the ring the second she said something. The audience cheered loudly, but Noriko cheered the loudest.

Resume:

"The final fight of the semi-finals begins now folks! Bakugou Katsuki versus Noriko Sachiko, who will win, brutal force or calculated talent!?" Present Mic screams as the two competitors stalk towards the stage, a determined look on both of their faces.

Midnight yells for the fight to begin and...nothing happens.

Usually Bakugou would launch himself at his opponent without thinking of the consequences and just blast them until they passed out. But he didn't move, he continued to stare down Noriko from the opposite side of the ring.

She shrugged and smiled slightly, excited to fight her friend. Noriko walked forward slightly until she was close enough to Bakugou that she could easily lift her arm and touch him. But she didn't at least not yet. She waited a full minute before took one proportionally large step and thrusting her hands down at the ground. Both palms slamming down on the concrete, her wrists contracting then extending launching her tiny body into the air. Bakugou jumped back on reflex, he lifted his already heating palm in front of his face and let loose. A relatively large explosion shot towards her, she didn't put much effort into dodging either. Which surprised him and made him lose balance and fall sideways slightly redirecting his explosions.

"Blondie~ come at me like you want to kill me if you want to win this fight" she stated brushing some of the concrete debris from her sports pants.

She bolted towards him without warning and his brain went on autopilot, any plan he might have had previously was completely ignored as she rat at him, planted her hand on the concrete and swung her legs across so as to knock him to the ground.

He stopped his decent by putting his hands behind him and setting two matching miniature explosions behind his back right where he would have otherwise landed.

Bakugou pounced full speed at her, putting one sweaty hand on her clothed stomach and attempting to let off a large explosion that would knock her off but she shifted her shirt last second whisking off the nitroglycerin sweat that coated his hands. Without it he was unable to create his explosions. He yelled out in frustration and retreated slightly but kept moving to build up more sweat for him to use, he wanted to avoid her at least for a little bit so that he could hold sweat in his hand and hopefully recreate the effect made by his gauntlets but using his palm as a storage device rather than the tank in his hero costume accessory.

Once his hands were full of sweat he slammed them both together to amplify the explosion he intended to make. And then. The lit it.

Noriko's eyes widened slightly, shocked by the large explosion headed in her direction, that seemed to have every intention to mow her down and leave her in ashes.

She has seconds to think and went with the first thing that came to mind. She hit the deck. Noriko used her quirk to observe the inch of air that separated her tiny body from the raging flames that shot from her opponent's hands that flowed above her.

Mic's glasses had tilted with shock and his mouth was wide open, Aizawa irked at the fact he couldn't slam his friend's mouth shut and make some sarcastic comment because of the microphones and cameras.

"COULD...COULD THIS BE IT, FOLKS! IS NORIKO DOWN FOR THE COUNT!?" the dust was just starting to be swept out of the stadium with a large gust of wind.

Bakugou stood his shoulders hunched and muscles twitching. His breathing short and rapid, he wanted to fall down. A blast that big all on his own, completely improvised; it hurt...a lot.