Chapter 27

Chapter 27:

Recap:

"NORIKO SACHIKO ADVANCES TO THE SEMI-FINALS AND WILL FACE BAKUGOU KATSUKI IN HER NEXT FIGHT! WHAT KIND OF DRAMATIC DUEL WILL ENSUE!? THE SEMI-FINALS WILL BEGIN IN TWENTY MINUTES!" Present Mic announced, standing to get him and Eraserhead new water bottles.

Resume:

Noriko walked with the stretcher to bring Kirishima to Recovery girl. She was upset that he had hurt himself before they even got to fight, she had been excited and wondered how much his quirk could take by way of simple brute force. Now she would have to wait to find out, she was excited for her fight with Bakugou however as it was sure to be interesting.

Everyone was waiting for her back at the 1A stands, they congratulated her and asked her how she knew that Kirishima was injured in his jump, she simply replied that even a rock can break when it's thrown hard enough causing everyone in class to remember a time as a child when they had thrown pebbles at various objects and seen them chip either slightly or even crack in half.

Kaminari looked over the class that was waiting in anticipation for the next round. Some looked nervous, one looked downright murderous, and two looked confident. Thinking quickly he slid over to his backpack drawing a great deal of attention before pulling three packages of Uno out of his bag and grinning widely.

Mina and Hagakure took the hint and started rounding everyone up and putting them in a circle. Kaminari rapid-fire dealt everybody in class 1A the proper amount of cards before pointing excitedly at Mina as her cue to start the game.

She puts down a red draw two for aimed at Tokoyami whose dark aura thickens just a bit at the action.

He, in turn, put down a Wild acting as though the action itself was a turn and looked at Momo who was sitting next to him. Everybody stared at him with determined yet questioning glances. His feathers ruffled slightly under the pressure.

"What color?" Kaminari asked breaking the tension. Tokoyami tilted his head to the side slightly expressing his confusion.

"Black...?..." he replied awkwardly, Bakugou to start laugh choking and Mineta to ask himself if this person was really in his class.

"Black isn't a color-" Hagakure starts.

"-Wild means you are changing the color from what it was to a new one" Mina finished.

"So again... what color?" Kaminari asked making Tokoyami look at his cards once again before saying, "blue".

Momo put down a blue five, followed by an 8, then a 7, and finally Noriko put down a wild draw four card and declared yellow.

Everyone took in a deep breath and held it while looking tensely at Bakugou whose face was quickly turning a fiery red filled with anger. "Well~" Noriko taunted, "aren't you gonna draw your cards?~," she asked with a cocky grin.

"ARE YOU PICKING A FIGHT AGAIN YA LITTLE SHRIMP

"SHINSOU HITOSHI AND ITSUKA KENDO TO THE STAGE PLEASE" Present Mic called out ending the short impromptu Uno game. Shinsou stood up and started walking away, low fiving Noriko's raised hand as he left. She stood up and ran quickly to the railing to watch the next fight, not that it was actually a fight to begin with. Kendo had no chance to begin with.

"Hey, Noriko why are you running over there?" Jiro yelled from the still stationary Uno circle.

"Because I wanna see Shinsou-kun's match" she states cheerily her smile shining in the slightly fading sky.

Jiro sighed mildly worried about her new friend, "You know he's just going to do it again, make her walk out of bounds without even lifting a finger, there's no point in watching, he's boring" Jiro stated turning back to the rest of the class who had unanimously decided there was no point in ending the game just for Shinsou's sake.

Noriko looked down at the dirty stand floors by her feet, her eyes darkening, "You talk about it as though he is doing something wrong" she mumbled catching Jiro's attention once more.

"He doesn't take anyone seriously, he thinks he's above everyone else, controlling everyone else like that, without even thinking about their emotions, he might as well be a villain"

"Oho it looks like there's heat in the 1A stands people," Present Mic said having just put the speakers in the section into the loudspeakers, causing everyone to hear Jiro and Noriko's words. Jiro looked horrified that her offhanded words had been heard by the target of her discrimination.

On the platform, Shinsou's eyes widened in shock. His entire life he had been called a villain because of his quirk but he thought that maybe, at hero school it would be different. Because heroes are supposed to be kind and accepting right? Apparently not.

"No," Noriko said drawing Shinsou's attention to her. "I think he takes everyone seriously, he knows his own weaknesses, he is aware that his physical skills are lacking which is why he doesn't let his opponent come close enough to touch him, so he can avoid that weakness while he works on turning a weakness into a strength. You haven't seen it because none of you ever stay late, you all go home or to the mall to hang out with family or friends but he stays, he goes to a gym room after class where he trains for hours with weights and martial arts, sometimes he asks for Aizawa-sensei's help trying desperately to get stronger." she points to the announcement box where Aizawa sits to emphasize her point, everyone looks down at Shinsou who they have to admit had a bit more muscle than he did at the beginning of the school year.

"He knows that everybody wants to win, but he does instead everyone who as surpassed someone else and continued to another round has done the same. He surpasses others which is the point of this tournament and he might be one of very few who can say they made it this far without injuring a single person. Nobody who has gone face to face with Shinsou has gotten hurt at all, not even I can say that and everybody here thinks I'm perfect. " she takes a deep breath and smiles slightly, everything she says making her more and more emotional, she wants to cry.

"A villain controls people through fear, they don't even have to be near you to send a shiver up your spine, to make you avoid an area, or tremble at the thought of going outside past ten at night. Shinsou-kun has never done that, he made you all laugh on the very first day of school, he carries me on his shoulders, he is determined to be a hero, not a villain, so don't say something like that!" Noriko shouts finishing her speech. She jumps back on the railing and looks determinedly back at Shinsou whose mouth is hanging wide open in shock. "SHUT YOUR MOUTH SHINSOU-KUN OR FLIES WILL FLY IN IT!" She taunted breaking everyone in the stadium out of their trance and queuing Midnight to start the fight.

As expected Shinsou had her turn around and walk out of the ring the second she said something. The audience cheered loudly, but Noriko cheered the loudest.

A.N. not gonna lie, don't exactly like the beginning of this chapter but I really like the part when Noriko stood up for Shinsou because he is like my child and I needed to defend him here so yeah. tomorrow probably I'm gonna be putting up a like one-shots book of just kind of random writings and poems I have written so it will range from one sentence to like 10 pages potentially, so check that out, here's a sample of something that may be written there: (it's short and not the best but I wrote it a while ago so here, the better ones will be in the book) 

They drown in dream-ridden bliss
The sunrises and sunsets
No pain and no suffering
Running through a field
Looking at a rainbow
But in the end
They wake up
They look out the window and see
The world is still moving,
So they need to move with it