Chapter 26

CHAPTER 26:

Recap:

"Battle, start!" Midnight shouted.

Resume:

Todoroki stood, not launching himself forward as nearly every competitor had done so far. He waited for his opponent to make a move first. And inevitably, Bakugou threw an explosion behind him launching his body forward at intense speeds. The explosion landed him right in front of Todoroki.

He pulled his left hand low and back, then sent it forward in the direction of Todoroki's stomach. The punch landed with a sickening crack as one or more of Todoroki ribs cracked loudly. Bakugou smirked triumphantly until he tried to remove his hand from his opponent's stomach.

Dread filled his body when he noticed that his hand would not, and could not move. Todoroki had frozen Bakugou's hand to his body through the recently made hole in his shirt from the previous explosive punch. The ice was multipurpose, it immobilized his opponent and it dulled the pain radiating from his torso.

Of course, after living with and 'training' under endeavor, the pain was hardly felt but it could never be bad to take care of oneself while in combat, because even if his body had stopped registering pain, the damage was still dealt and could render him unable to continue if it got bad enough.

Todoroki stepped back leaning downwards slightly causing Bakugou to lose his balance and fall forward. Todoroki melted the ice just enough that it would release Bakugou's hand enabling him to place a knee on his lower back and pull his hands behind him before connecting both of his opponent's hands with a very thick and heavy ball of ice.

Todoroki stood up certain of victory as Bakugou rolled around on the floor screaming.

"CUT THE BULLSHIT HALF AND HALF BASTARD YOU FUCKIN PIECE OF SHIT" his profane shouts filled the arena prompting many mothers, fathers, and siblings to jump at covering the young children's ears to prevent them from hearing such foul words coming out of their supposed role models mouth.

Bakugou rolled over so that he was sitting on his butt, his hands outstretched as he shifted his body so there was space between his legs. Then he threw his frozen hands down onto the concrete repeatedly. Most people watching were confused, was he just throwing a tantrum? Is he mentally stable? Should the fight be called? It was obvious his hands were useless.

"YOU CAN DO IT BLONDIE!" Noriko's voice rang over the tense stadium. Bakugou looked up grinning maliciously before slamming his iced hands on the ground one final time. It shattered. Chunks of broken ice scattered across the concrete. The sound drew the attention away from the girl who had drawn everyone's attention throughout the entire festival. Bakugou stood quickly turning toward Noriko. He raised his hand up sticking his finger out and pointing directly at her.

"IM GONNA BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU SQUIRT! SO YOU BETTER BEAT SHITTY HAIR INTO NEXT WEEK!" he simultaneously declared and demanded.

She trembled with excitement, "OSU! YOU BETTER WIN FIRST THOUGH, AND GET READY TO EAT THAT PAVEMENT BELOW YOU!" she cheered.

Bakugou turned around with renewed purpose and charged at Todoroki who had lowered his guard. He intertwined his hands and opened them palm out, and placed them on Todoroki's lower back, his eyes widening is realization milliseconds before an intense explosion erupted from Bakugou's hands and launched the now battered body of Todoroki out of bounds.

Silence filled the stadium, nobody daring to even breath until Bakugou cackled, his deranged laugh scaring a few people as he swung around once again facing his shrimp sized classmate. "BEAT THAT" he shouted just before Present Mic made his own announcement.

"BAKUGOU KATSUKI HAS OVERWHELMED TODOROKI SHOUTO! TODOROKI IS OUT OF BOUNDS! DURING THE BATTLE BAKUGOU AND NORIKO SEEM TO HAVE GIVEN THEIR OWN PERSONAL DECLARATIONS OF WAR! THIS IS THE DRAMA WE ARE ALL HERE TO SEE PEOPLE! THE FINAL FIGHT OF THE SECOND ROUND PITS CLASS 1A's GODDESS; NORIKO SACHIKO AGAINST THE MAN WITH IMPENETRABLE DEFENSE AND FORTIFICATION; KIRISHIMA EIJIRO!"

Kirishima simply jumped off of the balcony of the 1A stands, landing roughly and leaving a deep dent where he landed. Noriko wanted to do the same and was about to do so when A sleep-deprived Shinsou grabbed the back of the jacket she was wearing preventing her from going forward. She started whining slightly as she was carried downstairs and to the battle platform. He threw her lightly and sent a cocky smile. "You better make it to the finals, I got a score to settle with you"

"Ah yes, I believe I have won two out our two, one on one fights so far, looking to change that Shinsou-kun?" she asked raising her eyebrow.

"Of course" he replied before turning and walking back the way he came.

"START" Midnight shouted for what seemed to be the billionth time that day.

"Ne, ne, Kiri-kun, that was a bad idea," Noriko said.

"What?' Kirishima grunted.

"The balcony is very high you see, so it takes time to fall down and it takes a lot of knowledge that I'm not sure you have, to harden your body at the right time so you wouldn't get hurt, and if you kept your whole body hardened the entire time it would take a toll on your quirk, at least a little bit, and with the force of the fall..." she whistled lowly putting her hand above her eyes and looking at the crater he left with his fall "well that would shake you up quite a bit now wouldn't it, in trying to look cool and dramatic you made my task even easier, you should have known better" she chastised.

Kirishima grimaced at her true words. He looked down at his partially injured ankle, he had known that holding a full body hardening would be too much for his for that long so he tried to time it. That didn't work out so well for him.

Noriko followed his gaze and saw blood dripping slowly from his ankle. "Seriously, do you underestimate me that much? You're going to regret it" she said before slowly walking forward and kicking his injured ankle. He winced. "Are you unable to harden injuries?" she asked taking in the data, the look on his face answered for him. She smiled lightly and kicked it once again, he lifted his injury off the ground to protect it from further abuse, or so he thought.

Kirishima is not known for his balance. He waved a bit on one leg as Noriko simply watched mildly amused that such a small injury could shatter the confidence and fighting skills of one of U.A's elites. When he unexpectedly fell over she walked slowly and hit the back of his neck just as she had done to her previous opponent. Unconsciousness took him away from the fight. Midnight tried to see if he was going to wake up or continue to fight before declaring the winner.

Noriko turned to the stands where a grumpy Bakugou sat, his feet reclined on the seat in front of him. "OH GREAT BLONDIE! I HAVE SLAIN THE ONE NAMED 'SHITTY HAIR' YOU SHALL NOW FACE ME IN BATTLE AND EAT THE EARTH UPON WHICH I STAND!" she declared dramatically.

" NORIKO SACHIKO ADVANCES TO THE SEMI-FINALS AND WILL FACE BAKUGOU KATSUKI IN HER NEXT FIGHT! WHAT KIND OF DRAMATIC DUEL WILL ENSUE!? THE SEMI-FINALS WILL BEGIN IN TWENTY MINUTES!" Present Mic announced, standing to get him and Eraserhead new water bottles.

A.N. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I played apples to apples with my family and watched avengers (the first one) until midnight came. my favorite cousin is gay which let me put down the least relevant cards for the apples to apples game, so I could put down "adam levine" for "ghostly" and he would full on be like "ooo~ I like this guy, he wins" and that is how I nearly won the game like 3 times. I have to return to school tommorow which of course is miserable but I am doing the drama tryouts on thursday/friday which is gonna be fun... have a good day everyone! thanks for reading!