Chapter 30

Chapter 30:

Recap

But he was too late, all he heard was "I'm sorry" clear as day before everything turned pitch black.

Resume

"NORIKO SACHIKO HAS WON THE U.A. SPORTS FESTIVAL" Present Mic cheered, the stadium leapt to its feet, the cheers were deafening. Noriko bowed lightly before moving aside so the paramedic robots could remove Shinsou from the stage and bring him back to Recovery girl. His head lolled to the side easily as they picked him up, her hit having loosened all of his previously battle tensed muscles.

"THE AWARD CEREMONY WILL BEGIN ONCE SHINSOU REGAINS CONSCIOUSNESS, ENJOY THE BOOTHS OUTSIDE OR READ A BOOK UNTIL THE NEXT ANNOUNCEMENT THANK YOU FOR LISTENING" the first thing Noriko wanted to do was just call Shigaraki, she may have won but she felt kinda bad for roughing up a prospective recruit.

Those dreams were dashed however once she walked off stage. What she expected to be an empty hallway was actually filled to bursting with classmates and students from other classes. All of them bombarding her with questions not only on this fight but just about herself, one kid from a general education department class actually asked for her autograph. She answered most of the questions and refused the autograph, how was she going to write one if she didn't have one planned out?

The attention was something new, her work as "Puppet" was anonymous and just about everyone who saw her do any did, died, plain and simple, no witnesses. The attention was kind of growing on her and she saw how heroes get drawn in by it. But that didn't change her ideology, she was still going to kill all of the good for nothing heroes that lived for glory, fame, and money instead of the people.

"It wasn't anything special, and sorry but I can't do an autograph right now," she says, a happy lilt in her voice. The crowd just rushes forward praising her for being so humble, her statement being completely ineffective. Overwhelmed she stumbles backward only to be saved by her friend Mina who had snuck past the crowd silently (which had been quite the challenge for the normally loud girl) and grabbed Noriko's shoulders, steadying her before grabbing her by the armpits and lifting her like a child.

"My friends" she said, lifting Noriko up like a sacrifice, or maybe a god, "Noriko has other engagements at the moment and must leave, worry not, she will be in school tomorrow and every day after" and thus the crowd parted like the red sea and they simply walked through heads held high and giggling whenever their eyes made contact.

"Thanks, Mina," Noriko said quietly, "I wanted to call my friend but I couldn't get out" she explained.

"No prob," Mina said cheerfully placing her hand in a peace sign at the edge of her eye as she placed Noriko on the ground. Then she bounced off the talk to the rest of the Bakuquad leaving Noriko blissfully in peace so she could call Gaki with no interruptions.

She ran to the locker rooms to grab her phone and quickly clicked Gaki's name in her contacts and waited anxiously as it rang over and over. Finally, it clicked and she could hear Gaki's deep, rough breathing over the speaker.

"HEEEYYY Gaki" she cheered, making Shigaraki groan in fond annoyance, "DID YOU SEE ME WIN" she crooned.

"I saw you rough up that kid you wanted to join us yeah"

"Awwe I didn't do that much, recovery girl is seeing him now so he'll be fine I promise"

"Is that KOKO!" Toga's voice cried in the background.

"Shit" Shigaraki swore under his breath before a slamming sound indicated that Toga had indeed recognized her voice, proceeded to tackle Shigaraki to the ground, and take his phone from the four fingers that held it, and was about to screech into Noriko's ear.