Chapter 19

Recap:

The 'Puppet' has been injured, what will become of her and her goal?

Resume:

A few days after Noriko Sachiko woke up from her coma she was able to speak just as she could before hand which made everybody in class 1A very excited. The only thing that put a damper on their excitement was that the doctor was correct, the blade had nicked her spinal cord, she could still walk but with extreme difficulty. The doctors said that she would be able to walk on her own at some point but for right now she had braces on both legs since some of the nerves and muscles in them had also been damaged during the onslaught. She also had crutches to aide her movement since she had refused a wheelchair saying she needed to work hard and refused to go the easy way since it would take longer.

Soon after she received the braces and crutches she was allowed to return to 'Hinari's house on the condition she come in once a week for checkups, she was to do light work at U.A. and not go all out during training though she should spend a large amount of her time exercising her limbs to build up strength and mobility.

Noriko returned to school only to find out that the sports festival was fast approaching, in one week to be exact. She was determined to take part in it. The villains aided her in her exercises and let her walk around the base the entire time she was awake, they knew she couldn't feel the pain but that she could feel the restrictions so they knew that allowing her to walk and move wouldn't hurt in a way that would cause physical pain.

When Noriko could walk and run around base she requested to fight the Nomu, she took the braces off her legs for the first time in a week and a half, she knew she had to be able to fight, the sports festival was in just a few days and she was determined to get in the top three if not first place.

The Nomu beat the hell out of her. Plain and simple her reactions were not on par with what they used to be, she was too slow and was covered in bruises. All for One used one of his quirks to heal her wounds and then let her continue fighting until she passed out.

Everyone in the villains base admired her tenacity, she wouldn't give up, she kept going and going determined to reach her goal.

Two days before the sports festival she had managed to hold her own against the Nomu for an hour. She was very proud of this accomplishment since not even All Might could do that when he faced it at the USJ. She took this as her being mostly recovered but still put up the facade of not being one hundred percent healed for her U.A. companions.

As for 'Puppet' Noriko had had a great deal of fun killing heroes with her braces on. She would give her crutches to Shigaraki and do her same marionette routine as before, but this time her braces actually creaked every now and then giving the impression that she herself was creaking and that she was not actually a human at all. The look of terror on the heroes faces had been even greater than that of when she would kill them when she was completely healthy. She debated keeping the braces after she was healed and adding them to her villain costume. It became one of her favorite topics to think of and would often be discussed with the rest of the league when they weren't busy.

All Might's temporary depression had been mostly treated, Noriko would come in every day and thank him for coming to the USJ to save them, saying that it had been her fault for not calling out to him for help when she first saw him. He still felt an inkling of guilt every time he saw her with braces on her legs and crutches under her arms. Aizawa had returned to his lazy but caring self, he would let her leave class whenever she wanted for exercises which could be considered being lenient and not quite himself but he too was impressed by her desire to return to her original strength and wanted to do whatever he could to make it happen. He had high hopes for her future and wanted them to become a reality.

Noriko began to stop using the braces and crutches in the hideout two days before the sports festival to ensure that she would be able to walk around during the event, she did however intend to use them during the pre-games and during the pledge portion. Doing so would make her opponents expect little from her and when she continued on to the next stage it would impress the heroes making them want her for their internships which were to be held after the pseudo Olympics.

The villains who nearly killed Noriko? They're dead. Shigaraki killed them before either had a chance to know what they had done wrong, the second the men returned to the hideout he had knife thrown at him and a hand latched onto the back of his neck, the knife hit him right between the eyes and the hand turned him to ash. Then blue flames ensured that there was no longer even the ash of the evil man's body, he would be forever forgotten, no longer existent.

A.N. kay so this chapter is really short, sorry about that but its really just a transition chapter. I didn't want to hurt All Might too much and I needed to get him a bit better but I still wanted to have Noriko struggle and not give up because she couldn't feel it so little spotlight on the drawback and there was enough angst in the last couple chapters for a while so yeah.  It's thanksgiving break so I've got the next couple days off and writing will keep me away from the family I don't want to be around. I started another fan-fic which shouldn't get in the way of this one and that might have slower chapter updates than this one but I thought of the quirk idea after seeing a fan-art of something so I made it so I will be posting the character description and prologue. here is a sneak peek though:

  Her husband screamed in horror drawing the attention of nearby doctors and nurses who ran in immediately to find a man cowering a corner, a woman sitting on the bed frozen and turned to stone, then an infant who was giggling and playing with the snakes that branched from her scalp on the stone woman's lap.