Murder On The Dance Floor (Nate x Natemare- Fluff Part 1)

A/N: This oneshot will be angsty, not fluffy in the sense you may think. I hope you all enjoy. :)

*To all who are about to read this, it is about murder. Please DO NOT read if this triggers you at all. You've been warned*

_

NATE'S POV

_

Blue lights... I never thought I'd hate the sight of them, but right now I do. The flash of them gives me a headache. I can see them outside and I know why they're here. I know, and what's worse is I didn't do it. I didn't, but everyone here thinks I did.

They're all cowering away in fear, their whimpers filling my ears until I feel like I'm going deaf. Everything seems to go in slow motion as the doors burst open and the sound of heavy boots come towards me. I never thought I'd be on this end of things, but suddenly their guns are pointed at me and they're yelling at me to get on the ground. Suddenly I'm the bad guy.

I glance around and put my hands up in surrender, placing them behind my head before getting on my knees. Not a moment later I'm pounced on by the two men, putting my hands in tight, cold handcuffs. I feel them patting me down, likely looking for a weapon, but instead they pull out my wallet. After a few minutes of the one fumbling with it I hear the famous words I'd only heard on TV.

"Nathan Smith, I'm arresting you on suspicion of murder. You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence." The deeper voiced one barked into my ear, which made me flinch slightly.

I didn't squirm, or try to free myself, I just let it happen, and after all, what would be the point? I'd be caught and then be accused of trying to pervert the course of justice.

I was tugged up onto my feet and taken outside, then shoved into the back of a tiny cop car and I mean tiny. I was sitting almost sideways because there was so little room for my legs in the back, but maybe that's my fault for being so tall.

I breathed out deeply and lay my head back on the headrest, waiting for the car to start moving. My eyes flicked to the left, towards the club. That club was my home away from home and now I'd never be able to show my face there again. Everybody's eyes will say murderer in them, I know it, even though I did nothing of the sort.

Everything's ruined now. I won't even be able to make music because nobody will buy music from a murderer, will they? My livelihood's gone down the drain. In one moment my life is just... Nothing.

I looked back up at the roof of the car as the engine started up before it pulled away and made the agonising journey to the police station.

The cop with the deeper voice looked in the rear view mirror and smirked, satisfied. "We got one of them quiet types, huh? Don't worry, you'll be talking soon enough."

The other just laughed and nodded. "Sure will. Talking's the only thing that can save ya."

I shut my eyes, wishing I could do the same with my ears. I was screaming inside. I was yelling at them that I didn't do it. I didn't.

Thirty minutes later and the car came to a stop. This was it. Police station. The place I hoped I'd never come to.

Again, the officers came and dragged me from the car roughly, not caring that I was a human and not a rag doll. Although, would you care if you had a potential murderer in your grasp? I thought not.

They pushed me up the steps and inside, holding me firmly at the desk as the deeper voiced of the two, whom I found out was called Officer Johnson, signed me in and told them my crime.