Sneaking Around (Nate x Female Reader- Fluff)

A/N: This was an idea I got from reading another oneshot on here by Demented_Radar called Secrets, though it was only inspiration and not stolen. Thank you to them for the inspiration. This is another reader insert story. You and Nate are high school age. Hope you all enjoy it!

_

MONDAY

AFTER SCHOOL

_

It was a regular, boring old Monday as usual. The bell had rung and school was finished for the day. The students all left the classrooms like zombies, eager to get their bags and go home. (Y/N) was no different as she went to her locker to get her rucksack. She scrambled with the coded lock on the outside of the door, her brain too hazy to remember the numbers.

Success!

After the third attempt the lock clicked open. She quickly opened up the door and tugged out her bag, replacing it with the day's books and notes. She should have taken them for revision, but in reality they'd sit in the locker gathering dust and getting crushed under the weight of everything else until she needed a piece of paper to stick her gum in.

As she shoved the locker door to try to close it, her sleeve got trapped inside. Great, now she couldn't move.

(Y/N) huffed and rolled her eyes, giving her sleeve a tug, trying to free it from the locker door. No such luck. Her sleeve didn't budge, and from the stupid angle she was stuck at she wasn't able to reach the lock to open the door again.

"Stupid piece of crap..." She muttered, giving the locker a firm kick, which obviously did nothing but dent the door and give her a throbbing toe.

"Need some help?" Came a smooth voice from nearby.

(Y/N)'s ears perked up at the voice and she looked up to see a smug looking Nate with his arms crossed, leaning against the locker across from her. "No, I'm totally fine, thanks..." She replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes at him.

"Oh really? I thought you were stuck, but if you're okay, then I'll just get going." Nate said quickly, putting his bag on his back and going to walk away, knowing she'd call him back.

(Y/N) sighed heavily. "Wait..."

Nate stopped dead in his tracks. "Mm?" He hummed sweetly. He turned his head a little to show he was listening.

"Maybe I am a little stuck... Could you just... Help me?" She mumbled out, barely audible to him.

Nate turned towards her, a smirk on his lips. "What's the magic word?"

(Y/N) glared at him, knowing what he was doing. "Please..." She said through slightly gritted teeth.

"Well, if it was anyone else I'd say no, but seeing as it's you, I'll make an exception." Nate replied, walking over. He looked at the coded lock and instantly put in her code, knowing it off by heart. This wasn't the first time this had happened.

(Y/N) pulled her arm free and picked up her bag from the ground. "Thanks..."

"S'fine." Nate replied. "I'm used to it. What is it now? Fifteen times in the past month? That's a new record I think." He chuckled.

(Y/N) smacked his right arm. "Shut up dude."

"Ow." Nate faked whined. He gave a small smile and closed the locker. "I'm gonna have a bruise there tomorrow y'know."

"Oh well..." (Y/N) replied. She started walking to the exit and Nate walked beside her, able to keep up easily due to his long legs. "So, any plans tonight?" She asked.