4) Blizzard (Phantom- Fluff)

A/N: Here is the fourth Writetober prompt. I hope you enjoy!

The demon realm was a strange and mysterious place to most. People from the over world didn't understand much of it. A lot of them thought it was called Hell and it was a place full of fire and lava. They thought it was somewhere that people got sent when they were bad.

In reality the demon realm was nothing like that. It was a place where demons were created and they had normal lives like humans did. Demons were created in fire and brought up by nannies until they were eighteen thousand years old, at which point they were assigned to a human and required to look after them. They would become guardian angels of sorts and they would have to work for the ruler of the demon realm for the rest of their lives.

During a demon's life in the demon realm they would have to go to school and learn things like teleportation, telepathy and size manipulation. There were of course other things they needed to know, such as how to control their true forms and what to do to bring them out.

All of these were important skills for a demon to know, but most of the young demons found lessons like that boring. Similar to human children, learning was for nerds.

Although being a child or teenager in the demon realm wasn't all bad. When a demon reached their fifteen thousandth birthday they were allowed to pick a baby dragon to raise as their own for the rest of their time in the demon realm. It was like Hogwarts in a way.

It was an exciting time and one of the young demons in the realm was just about to turn fifteen thousand.

That young demon was one of the more popular children at school. He was the demon everyone wanted to be friends with. He was good at the spells they were taught, he was able to control his true form and he was the ruler of the demon realm's favourite.

Lucifer had picked him as the next heir to his throne when he eventually decided to relinquish his title. That was because he had shown promise and he believed the boy would be a good, and firm ruler with charisma and charm.

The boy was known as Phantom, which wasn't his true name, but he hated his real name so much that Phantom had stuck. When he was old enough he wanted to change his name to that officially, but for right now he had to deal with it being his nickname.

Phantom was unbelievably excited to choose his baby dragon, and he knew exactly which one he wanted.

You see, Phantom had been visiting the dragon shelter for a few months, and he had become quite attached to one of the dragons there.

The dragon that had caught Phantom's eye was a pure white dragon with bright icy blue eyes and a small snowflake tag around its neck. It was beautiful and he had formed an unbreakable, yet imaginary bond with it.

The staff that worked there could see this and they knew when Phantom walked in with a bright smile on his face just which dragon he would choose.

A kind lady went over to him. "Good morning Phantom, you're in early... Here to choose your dragon?" She asked, a wide grin on her face.

Phantom nodded immediately. "Of course! It's my fifteen thousandth birthday. I've been waiting for this day forever." He said, practically bursting with excitement.

The lady let out a small chuckle and gave his hair a ruffle. "I know you have, you've been telling me for months now." She said. "I bet I know just which one you're going to pick... Follow me." She added, gesturing for him to go after her.

Phantom wasted no time in following the woman as she led him straight to the holding pen with the white dragon in curled up and sleeping in the corner. He stood at the small gate, watching the baby dragon sleep.

The woman opened the gate and carefully walked in, approaching the dragon quietly so that she didn't startle it. She knelt down and began to stroke the dragon's head, helping it to wake up slowly.

The dragon let out some small chirps as it woke up and huffed out a little smoke from its nostrils. As its eyes opened it yawned largely and let out a small whine.

"I know you're tired sweetheart, but you have a visitor." She said.

The dragon tilted its head and looked to its left where it saw Phantom standing and watching. A happy squeak came from it as it saw him and it seemed to smile.

Phantom grinned when he saw the dragon's gorgeous icy eyes. "Hey there... I'm here to take you home." He said, stepping inside the pen and kneeling down.

The dragon seemed to understand and started to approach Phantom. This was the first time they had been so close and the dragon was cautious.

Phantom could sense this and put his hand out to the baby dragon, letting it sniff his hand when it was close enough. He smiled, coaxing it closer. "C'mon... That's it... I won't hurt ya." He whispered.

The dragon soon got close enough and sniffed his hand. It took only a few moments before it licked his hand and nuzzled against it, wanting him to stroke it, which he did.

"You're so beautiful..." He mumbled to himself. He then looked up to the lady. "Is it a boy or a girl?" He asked.

"It's a girl..."

"She's perfect... Aren't ya?" He said and smiled more as the dragon leaned in closer and began to nuzzle his chest slightly. She was letting out small chirps, almost like the purring of a cat. Phantom stroked her head and gently picked her up, holding her against his warm body. She seemed to like this and curled up, her tail closing around her small body and nuzzling her head into the crook of his arm, her pale blue eyes peeking out at him.

Phantom could feel his heart melt as he watched her do this. He held her close and stood up straight.

"I think she really likes you Phantom." The woman said. "What are you gonna call her?" She asked.

Phantom thought about this for a moment and looked down at the small dragon, seeing her eyes looking back at him and staring right into his soul. He chuckled and tickled her head, remembering the little tag around her neck. It struck him like lightning. He knew exactly what to call her.

"Blizzard." He said softly.

"I think that's a perfect name." The woman grinned.

"What do you think girl? Ya like that name?" Phantom asked the small dragon.

She replied with a lick to his cheek and blew out a small smoke cloud in the shape of a heart. She chirped happily, her eyes bright with joy.

"I'll take that as a yes." Phantom chuckled.

Blizzard then nuzzled back into the crook of his arm and closed her eyes, beginning to fall asleep once more as Phantom signed for her and took her home.

Already Blizzard and Phantom had a bond that would last a lifetime...

A/N: I know this was a shorter one, but this was an idea I had a little while ago and I thought that it fit right in with the Writetober prompts. Plus I thought it would be sweet to do a How to Train Your Dragon/Hogwarts style thing.

I hope that you enjoyed it! Let me know what you thought below.

Thanks guys.

~Antiseptictrash