Snob (Nate x Female Reader- Fluff Part 2)

A/N: Here is part 2. Enjoy! :)

Nate stood quite flabbergasted by the fact that (Y/N) had slammed the door in his face. He wasn't sure what he should do because no other girl had ever stood up to him like that. For some reason though he liked her feistiness. Still, he had the problem of how he was going to get her to talk to him again.

There wasn't much time for him to think before his mother walked out of the living room and to him. "I heard shouting, what happened Nathan?" She asked.

Nate was pulled out of his thoughts and looked round at her. "It was (Y/N). She just left." He said calmly, not letting the fact that he was hurt show through.

"Left? She stormed out more like. What did that little rat do to my little boy?" She asked.

Something inside Nate seemed to snap, like a slap in the face, and he frowned, his eyes going up to hers. "That little rat? She has a name, mother, not that you cared to learn it! You and father may not like her because she isn't well-to-do like us, but I do! I love her! And I may have just fucked everything up and lost her!"

"Nathan, language! She is not right for you! She is no more than a vile, vulgar peasant! You deserve a princess, not a pauper." Bernice said.

"A princess wouldn't make me happy like her. She may not be perfect, but she's better than your and father's idea of the perfect woman. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and get her back!" Nate growled and walked out, slamming the door behind himself.

He walked away from the grand mansion of a home he lived in and out into the freezing night air, nothing but the shirt on his back and his anger to keep the cold at bay. He was glad that he had long legs so that he could walk quite fast. He began to take the route that he knew (Y/N) took home each night.

As he walked he heard the faint sound of a woman's voice. He listened closely and walked slower, trying to make it out. He began to walk towards the sound and soon realised it was someone crying.

Nate followed the sound, which led him to the park five minutes away from (Y/N)'s home. He listened closely and walked along the path, his mind dreading what he was going to find, or more specifically who.

As he walked towards the large fountain in the centre of the park his fears were confirmed and he saw (Y/N) perched on the edge of the fountain with her back to him, hunched over and crying into her hands.

Nate felt his heart tug and he felt like bottling out and running away, but something inside him forced him to go over to her.

He approached slowly, his boots making a soft thump on the ground. He looked down and tried to think of what he was going to say to her when he got there, but there was nothing that came to mind that would even come close to good enough. He'd basically allowed his mother and father to walk all over her, make her feel insignificant and then done the same himself. He was an asshole and he knew it.

He walked up behind her and sighed out softly, coming to a stop. He took a deep breath and spoke quietly. "(Y/N)?"

(Y/N)'s crying seemed to hitch for a moment and she sat up straight, not turning to face him yet. "What do y-you want?" She asked, her voice cracked and scratchy.

"I just wanted to see if you were okay..." He said.

"Okay? Okay?! What the fuck do you think? Do I sound okay?!" She spat, turning to him. Her eyes were puffy and bright red from crying.

Nate looked at her and then down for a moment, speaking quietly out of shame. "No... You don't..." He said.

"Well done, at least you got something right!"

Nate looked up at her once again. "(Y/N)... I... I'm sorry... I shouldn't have treated you the way I did... Neither should my mother and father..."

(Y/N) shook her head. "No... You shouldn't." She said.

"I'm an idiot." Nate said. He walked over and sat on the fountain next to (Y/N). "Can you ever forgive me?"

"Forgive you? Are you kidding me? I should throw you in the fountain and never talk to you again." She huffed angrily. "You know what hurt me more than anything?"

Nate looked at her and shook his head. "No... What?"

"Not your mother and father's words, or even yours... I knew that was always going to happen when I started to date you." She replied. "The thing that hurt most was that you didn't even stand up for me. You didn't defend me. You agreed with them." She said. "That's what hurt me."

Nate looked down and felt more shame overtake him. He couldn't muster many words except for an apology. "I'm sorry."

"Why?" (Y/N) asked. "Why did you agree with them?"

Nate frowned and thought about that for a moment. He wasn't really sure why he agreed with what his parents had said. "Maybe because I was afraid...? I was scared that they'd make me leave you... They don't ever think anyone I date is good enough. Nobody will ever hit their standards. Eventually they make me dump them." He said.

"Why didn't you stand up to them?" She asked.

Nate laughed dryly. "You don't know my parents that well... You don't know them like I do. Standing up to them isn't that easy. They're stubborn. They have ways of blackmailing me into doing what they say, so I just go along with it because I can't stand the thought of what they might do if I don't."

"What could they really do to you?" (Y/N) tilted her head, some sympathy showing through.

"Not me... The girls I date. They'd ruin their lives in so many different ways. They're influential in their social circles. Gossip from them gets around fast. They could say something and it would ruin all my girlfriend's hopes of getting her dream job, getting a house, even going to university, like you. And I don't want that..."

(Y/N) looked into his eyes and saw his eyes were glistening too. She felt her own heart tug at the sight. It was something she had never seen before and it was something she didn't particularly enjoy seeing.

"Nate... I didn't know... Why didn't you tell me? I could have helped you. All of the stuff tonight could have been avoided."

"I didn't think you'd believe me." He said. "And I didn't want to lose you." He whispered, putting his hands on her cheeks. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me."

(Y/N) put her hand on his cheek. "Despite what happened tonight, so are you..." She said. "I want to be with you Nate, even if you do have flaws. That's what makes you you and that's what makes me want to love and be with you more."

Nate nodded. "I guess I was too blind to see that." He said, small droplets falling from his eyes. "And I'm losing you..."

"No, you're not losing me. You could never lose me." (Y/N) replied. "I promise."

Nate sniffed and looked at her. "R-Really?"

(Y/N) leaned in and planted a kiss on his lips, before pulling back and wiping his tears away. "Does that answer your question?"

Nate smiled softly and nodded. "It does." He said.

(Y/N) smiled and then shivered as a slight breeze blew over them.

"You should go home. It's freezing." Nate said.

"Come with me?" She asked. "I don't want to be alone tonight..." She said.

Nate nodded. "I don't want to go home anyway... Mother and father would kill me after the way I stormed out." He said.

(Y/N) smiled and took his hand. "Then that's settled. Come on..." She said, standing and leading him to her home.

They spent the night together, Nate making up for everything he'd done...

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed that. Let me know what you thought down below.

Keep sending me your requests too.

Thanks guys.

~Yazooloo ;) <3