Murder On The Dance Floor (Nate x Natemare- Fluff Part 2)

A/N: Here is part 2. I hope you enjoy. :)

_

NATE'S POV

_

"I didn't!" I protested.

"Then please explain to me how Andrew Stein ended up dead in the club you were both at last night." Officer Johnson said.

"I don't. Know." I said through gritted teeth, my fists balled up.

Officer Preston's eyes caught sight of this. "You do know." He said. Clearly he was antagonising me to see how far he could push me and it was working.

I slammed my fists on the table and stood up. "I fucking don't!"

Officer Preston stood up and stared me in the eyes. "Sit down, Mr. Smith." He said lowly, but somewhat calmly.

I took a deep breath and sat down once again.

Officer Johnson gave it a few moments before he leaned forwards, his hands clasped on the table. "Quite the temper you have there. Is that what happened? Andy pushed you too far and you snapped? A joke turned into an argument and you raged at him, killing him."

"No. I didn't kill him-"

Officer Preston's voice interrupted me before I could go any further. "Stabbed." He said.

"E-Excuse me?" I asked, looking at him.

"Stabbed." He repeated. "Mr. Stein was stabbed. In the stomach with a broken beer bottle. Must've been some minutes before he actually died. Do you remember his face in those last few moments of his life? Did you ever think about calling an ambulance to try and save his life? Or did you not care?"

I stayed silent. Red flashed through my mind. The sounds of screaming and anger, but nothing concrete. Nothing was clear enough to make out.

"Didn't you think about the life he may have had in front of him? I believe he had a girlfriend. They'd been talking for some months of getting married, hadn't they? He'd even bought a ring. Confided in you about it. Asked for advice. Were you jealous?"

"Why would I be jealous about my best friend getting married? I was happy for him." I said, looking at him.

"Because your own relationship had fallen apart a few days previous, had it not?" Officer Johnson said.

"What's that got to do with this?" I asked, a deep frown on my face.

"You were with a woman named Cristina Vee, correct? And you had asked her to marry you, but you split up because you weren't giving her the respect that she deserved. That's what you tweeted at least." He said.

"That's right, but I ask again, what the hell does my love life have to do with Andy's death?"

Officer Preston smirked. "You were jealous that Andy's relationship was working out and yours wasn't. Perhaps he had been talking about proposing to his girlfriend and you became aggravated at the thought of your own situation. You asked him to stop talking about it, but he carried on. And you lost your temper with him."

"I was happy for Andy. My relationship with Cristina had never even entered my mind at that point! I wanted to help him with the wedding. He'd even asked me to be his best man if she said yes. Why the fuck would I kill him?!"

"Stop swearing or you'll end up back in the cell." Officer Johnson warned.

"I won't stop! You're accusing me of something I didn't fucking do!" I yelled. My mind was in a frenzy of emotions. I couldn't show them that it wasn't me. "I wasn't in control of my actions."