George- Cuddles

You and George had been dating for quite a bit now. You still had met his parents but you hadn’t  stayed at his house yet. He told you not to worry and reassured you everything would be fine as he slowly invited you to join him at his house for Christmas holiday. 

   The train seemed to be colder than it had any of he other times you had been on it. This was a good excuse to cuddle with George. You absentmindedly played with his hand while he stared at you. 

   “Unfortunately love, you’ll be rooming with Hermione and Ginny. Unless you’re up to sneaking into my room.” You looked up to meet his eyes and saw that he was smirking. 

   “You are not getting me into trouble with you’re parents, alright? They’ve just begun to like me, I won’t have you coming along and messing that up.” 

   “Oh please, they’ve always like you. Sometimes I reckon they like you more than Fred.”

   “Oi,” Fred shouted from the other side of the small compartment. “Just remember to be careful. Our house wasn’t very well built. Thin walls, if you know what I mean. You can hear everything.” He drug out that last word for dramatic effect. You could feel your cheeks getting hotter but you nuzzled into George’s chest to mask this. 

   George frowned slightly. “Really? Thin walls? Do you reckon they can hear you practicing kissing with your pillow at night before crying yourself to sleep? ‘Cause it’s pretty loud from my side of the room.” You and George laughed but Fred face contorted into a look of mock offense. 

   When the train stopped George sat up leaving you in the cold. You shivered a couple times before this caught his attention. 

   “Cold love? Here.” He wrapped his coat around your shoulder before grabbing your hand and leading you off the train. 

   It wasn’t long until you found Mrs. Weasley. She did her usual routine of greeting everyone with a hug and a remark on how much they’ve grown or simply telling them that they hadn’t been eating enough then you were off to the Burrow. 

   The first few nights you stayed at the Burrow it was quite easy not miss George. You spent practically all day with him until you parted ways at nights. Although, after those first few nights it became a bit more difficult. 

   After those first few nights he seemed to have some task or adventure that took him all day to complete. On some days you reckoned you hadn’t seen him all day. It wasn’t his fault. He wasn’t purposely ignoring you, in fact not seeing you had put him in a bad mood as well. For some reason this just happened. 

   When Christmas Eve arrived you felt the trip coming to a close and didn’t know whether to be happy or even sadder. The girls were out quicker than they had been any of the nights before leaving you alone in the dark silence. After what seemed like hours you crawled out of your sleeping bag and tip toed into the kitchen. 

   You aimed to get a glass of water and go back. However, you found yourself just standing in the middle of the kitchen wondering what would really happen if you were found in George’s room the next morning. You let out a sigh knowing this was a silly idea. Out of nowhere, the floor creaked behind you. 

   You spun around and without thinking you quietly said,”I’m sorry, I was just getting some water. I’ll just go.” You tried to pass them by without even looking but they grabbed your arm. You looked up to see George staring down at you with a goofy smile. 

   “Can’t sleep, can you?” You shook your head. “It’s alright. I’ll make you some hot chocolate.” 

   He got to work, wandering around the kitchen silently to get the ingredients he needed. When George was halfway done he looked at you over his shoulder. 

   “Have you been missing me love? ‘Cause I’ve been missing you.” 

   A smile crept onto your lips and you didn’t try and fight it. “I have.” George spun around and handed you a mug. He wandered into the sitting room and you followed him. He sat down on the couch giving you room to sit next to him. 

   The couch was at across from a Christmas tree that was decorated elegantly. You were surprised that a simplistic family like the Weasley’s had gone this far for Christmas but you weren’t bothered in the slightest. 

   Each of you took small sips from your mug once they were cool enough to not burn you. “Thanks for this George.” He looked over at you and shot you a smile. 

   “No problem.” 

   Despite the warm touch of the mug on your hands and your lips the room was still fairly cold. You shivered slightly despite how much you tried to hold it back. Without asking question George sat his mug down on the table and yours as well. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you in protectively. 

   “Better,” he asked. 

   “Much.” You hid your face in his chest and inhaled the scent of his cologne. You were meant to only stay there for a moment but the bits of Christmas tree lights that peeked out from above and under George’s arm put you in a bit of a trance and soon you were asleep. 

   The next morning all the other people in the house rushed downstairs to rip open their presents. None of this bothered either of you. Mrs. Weasley stared at you two in amazement. 

   “They’re always like this,”Fred said between swigs from his own mug. “Annoyingly adorable, Lee and I think. I’m gonna wake them up.” Before he could take one step towards you Mrs. Weasley walked him on the back of the head. 

   “Don’t you dare!”

44 days